Pete's Magical Mystery Tour

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And finally got a new pic of the cyser. Its spiced with all the typical pie spices
20111016_180430_017_Copy.JPG

Apple always takes forever to clear for me. This one is no exception. It's still fermenting slowly and probably will for a while yet. When it finally stops I'll rack again and taste to see how the spices came though. If it needs more I'll add then. The cherry Mel got some valencia orange zest at racking.

Pete

Here is some new pics and a couple you all haven't seen yet. In order left to right is my cyser, christmas raisin, a honey porter ale, pyment, blueberry mel, tart cherry mel, ginger mead.

20111022_183910_001_Copy.JPG

Hope you all enjoy the new pics...I can't wait to see how the ginger looks once it clears a bit.

Pete

Haven't posted on this thread in a while but rest assured the Mystery Tour hasn't ended by a long shot. Been busy with my new job and everything is clearing nicely....even the apple. One of my neighbors had a baby last spring and it came by for a visit last night......any guesses....no....a young black bear was nosing around my back door. To bad the snow got blown around during the day so I couldn't snap a shot or two, but I'm sure the bugger will be back soon. Got to remember now to turn on the back lights before bringing out the dogs at night.

Pete

Well I'm back now that my password situation has been fixed. Hi to all I've known at FVW and nice ta meet ya to those that have been here for a while. I started a new strawberry last weekend, sorry no pics, and I think it will be moving to the glass in the next couple days. I'm still trying to desire if I should fortify my Christmas raisin. I think a little taste test is in order. Maybe next weekend. Until next time !

Pete

Welcome here Pete, sorry it had to come to this to get you over here though.

I would love to have a recipe for canned cherry wine. I have done a lot of searches and cannot find one........

Glad you made it over here. Sorry if you had a password problem. For some reason quite a few people did. Remember appleman at FV W is grapeman here and I am here to help!

Welcome aboard

NEVER KNEW YOU HAVE A ALIAS APPLEMAN,SAMMYK DIDN'T FORGET- JUST BEEN BUSY ,TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO TRANSFERRED OVER SUCCESSFULLY SO FAR, WELCOME ABOARD . I CAN FOR SEE THIS BEING THE PREMIER SITE OF ITS KIND .:wy

That's right Joe! I originally signed on at Fine Vine WInes as Appleman as at the time I did a lot of apples- having a small commercial orchard. After having a ladder break in two as I was up quite a ways on it with a chainsaw to make a large pruning cut, I decided I was getting too old for that sort of nonsense. Grapes are much lower growing and I enjoy working with them immensely, so I became GRAPEMAN:spm when I signed up a second time over here. The first time I joined, I never got admittance even after a couple years of waiting to get approved:ft.

so I became GRAPEMAN:spm when I signed up a second time over here. The first time I joined, I never got admittance even after a couple years of waiting to get approved:ft.
:h
Well, you know these nicer hangouts do have a few standards, and I guess there was some question about you!

Back