2011 Fresh Grapes From California via FVW's

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds great, Mike. As I posted in another thread, I went to George's store over the holidays. From the carboy, he gave me a taste of the Pinot Noir he made from that fresh grape haul. I was pleasantly surprised that it was already so good. I could still taste that wine in my mouth 15 minutes after I drank it.

Don't tell anyone but I think George is weakening on his stance concerning not doing fresh grapes next year. I asked him about it. He said that everyday he forgets a little more about how difficult it was for the load to be so late and all the middle-of-the-night hassles. He said he wishes he could get a bigger load, so he could better control when and where the truck stops.

I am so disappointed in the fresh grapes I purchase from a local LHBS that, if he decides to do it again, I just might be willing to make that long trip next year to buy grapes from George. Maybe I could go along with one or two other guys to share the trip expenses.

Once again, I am really glad everything is turning out well with your fresh grapes. Keep us posted.

Very excited indeed! I may have the only Marquette in the state at the moment! Is your online store up and running yet? I want to try a bottle of Marquette Juice from one of the cousins!

I tell you this Mike because if I remember right you got a dozen of those from me when you planted! Are you excited yet?

Time has a way of dulling the senses for sure. I was so sure I was never going to make that crazy trip ever again but now that these are showing so much character and promise at such an early age, I just may be that crazy to do it again in another 9-10 months. Heck I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday so I know I will probably be back next year! The trip wasn't that bad it was the delay, day after day in a hotel, in Dallas, with an 80lb Golden Retriever in tow....... :slp

Don't tell anyone but I think George is weakening on his stance concerning not doing fresh grapes next year. I asked him about it. He said that everyday he forgets a little more about how difficult it was for the load to be so late and all the middle-of-the-night hassles. He said he wishes he could get a bigger load, so he could better control when and where the truck stops.

I am so disappointed in the fresh grapes I purchase from a local LHBS that, if he decides to do it again, I just might be willing to make that long trip next year to buy grapes from George. Maybe I could go along with one or two other guys to share the trip expenses.

Once again, I am really glad everything is turning out well with your fresh grapes. Keep us posted.

Gonna turn you into a bonifide red wine drinker yet!

That green taste in that Merlot would be the half pound of tartaric talkin'.....:d

Hopefully some CS and time will help it out.

Way to go. All mine are stabilized and I had a bit of my Cab ... the one in the video at 3.24 and it was one of the best Cabs I have had, the Wife said "it's ready to drink" and she wanted more. Now the Merlot is a different story ... it tastes green and bitter, more what I expected at this age.

I can't wiat :b

Very excited indeed! I may have the only Marquette in the state at the moment! Is your online store up and running yet? I want to try a bottle of Marquette Juice from one of the cousins!

The store is up and running. I have no Marquette at the moment, but will be brining some early release out in another month or two. I will be glad when I get much more of a few varieties bearing well. It is hard to source grapes in the tundra up here! Click my banner when it pops up once in a while and you go directly to the store.

Nice thread. I have never seen such a large number of grapes being processed into wine. Looking forward to do it and see it personally. Thank you!

Back