personal

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepere

Reaction score
OK folks, I need a big favor. My 5 year old grand daughter undergoes major surgery today at 2:30 eastern. Hopefully they can correct a problem that is effecting her kidneys.

While not overly religious, I believe in the power of prayer and the energy it creates. I also believe HE or SHE listens. Please keep "LAMB" (her initials) in your prayers today. Thanks all!
smiley27.gif

You've got it Pepere. We will all say a prayer for LAMB and you and your family. Have faith and all will come out well for her.
smiley31.gif
smiley27.gif

We will be thinking and praying for little LAMB and all of you this day.

Praying hard today....also for my brother, his cancer has gone to his bones now...only pain managemnt left.

Wisdom and patience to those who care for her, courage for your LAMB, comfort for her family.
NW, strength for your brother and compassion from those who care for him.

I missed the post earlier. I hope all went well and will pray for a speedy recovery and a successful surgery.

Thank you all!!
smiley31.gif

Daughter just called to let us know every thing is just fine and she came out of the surgery in great shape. Whatever repairs were made were successful and she will remain in hospital 'til Sunday. Scaring of kidney was minimal and both tubes are now in perfect order. You are all just the best!!
smiley27.gif

Northern, while thankful on the one hand I will keep your family and brother in my every thought and prayer. My peace be with your entire family.

Pepere

NW,

I am so out of it! I missed the part about your brother. My prayers are with you and your family as well. I hope that his remaining time is meaningful and not too painful. I am firm believer that these events are meant to show us all how precious life is and that we should live every day to its fullest and be thankful for what we have.

Pepere, sorry I missed the post earlier but Kathi and I have your family in our prayers
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">NW our prayers are with you also.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

Spoke with our daughter this morning and they put my grand daughter in ICU last night. She spiked a fever and they suspected an infection.

This morning however she is back in a room and called her grand dad to tell him she's doing fine. Our conversation was cut very short when the ice cream showed up. Seems the little lady was veeeery hungery. Reports are all positive and the wife and I are almost back to normal. Thanks again for all the support, I suppose it would only be fair to post a photo after all this and will do so in the very near future.
smiley31.gif

Man, just when things start to settle down again something has to just
get us all worked up again. Prayers are still coming at ya Pep!

Pepere...glad your Grand Daughter is improving...so hard to see little ones in distress...

Please pray for the little ones...they are our future....

My brother has been a fighter for a long time...he was given 6 months to live....that was 6 years ago when he was diagnosed with advanced Prostate Cancer.....He denied it and called it a 'rumor....he used herbs and natural medicines for a few years and then reverted to usual medicines....

The Doctors are always amazed when he shows up for appointments...like..."you again"..."your still alive"...they can't believe it.

He has lived his life Hard & Fast....his motto has always been....

FASTER HORSES...</font>

He always raced...cars and snow mobiles...

YOUNGER WOMEN......</font>

Here is a photos of his 4th wedding [and last] he had a Posse of 12...Bestmen....all in costume...a real Celebration....

SonnyKris.jpg

OLDER WHISKEY....</font>

There was affairs with whiskey, but no lasting relationships....

I went to see my brother a couple springs ago, on beautiful Vancouver Island, British Columbia...is was a magical time...

We spent the longest day of the year camping on the East side of the Island, with 50 of his closest friends in their motorhomes....We watched the sunset over the Pacific waters....

Sunset2Small.jpg

The night came and the cruise ships passed before us like a string of pearls...one after the other...They had left their Ports of Seattle and Vancouver and had begun their journey to Alaska through the Island Passages...all lit up like Floating Palaces...

Very soon the sun rose again over the mainland...

SunriseSmall.jpg

We popped a cork....and greeted another day....

SONNYLORRAINESmall.jpg

We enjoyed each other...touching the only flesh that is of our own...Brother and Sister...We had a wonderful time together...time passed and we said our goodbyes....

This past summer I had a bout of cancer...I tried to ignore it..deny it...spent my days in the Chemo Clinic wondering what I was doing with all these sick people...I took my treatments and with the prayers of family, friends, friends of friends and strangers I felt a strong power that made me strong, ....I am now feeling 100%.

Last week I had another CT Scan, my brother had a Bone Scan...I am again free of any signs of cancer...but I don't feel free, not for awhile.....My brother was not so lucky this time...his showed his Cancer had spread to his bones....

I called him tonight...he sounded stronger and his old self....he said "he doesn't have time for this, he has too much stuff to get done"

A body can only take so much...he has risen so many times...for now he is risen again...and another day has come and gone, another blessing.....Each day is a gift....that's why it is called the present.

Pray for the young...

Very touching NW. Was that a bottle of your bubbly you were sharing with your brother?

Back