PERFECT LUCK,

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
some young couple came to buy dads Dexter Bull today,
they were green as a gourd, so i stepped up, the jack kicked the mare both run over me, breaking 1 rib and throwing my back out,, up i came cussing like mad, i beat the bull till he ran into the trailer, the jack and mare were in a corner frozen, the young people were white as sheets, now after the last time my rib is broken again, my back shot, frig i should of stayed in bed,
Dawg

Daaaaaaamn! You sound OK, but hope you heal up good.
Although, I know that you are one hardy SOB!

Broken ribs are no joke, I had 4 broken once, it wasn't a 'field day!"

Last edited:
Yo Dawg! Coming from the guy who uses cattle stomach lining for wine yeast I’d say this story sounds about right.

and I really think you should write a book or somethin detailing all these crazy situations you find yourself in! I’d buy it.

feel better friend

(and yes I “laugh“ reacted to your post. Appropriate? Probably not. But hey, that’s my honest reaction.
Im just a sucker for that houndawg writing style! what can I say?! 🤷‍♂️)

Last edited:
Yo Dawg! Coming from the guy who uses cattle stomach lining for wine yeast I’d say this story sounds about right.

and I really think you should write a book or somethin detailing all these crazy situations you find yourself in! I’d buy it.

feel better friend

(and yes I “laugh“ reacted to your post. Appropriate? Probably not. But hey, that’s my honest reaction.
Im just a sucker for that houndawg writing style! what can I say?! 🤷‍♂️)
I'd have you no other way, and that was what the old timers claimed about bread yeast, of course 90% of themes wine was poor, all the local beer tasted of very stout yeast, but 90% of the spirits was great, lol....
Dawg

some young couple came to buy dads Dexter Bull today,
they were green as a gourd, so i stepped up, the jack kicked the mare both run over me, breaking 1 rib and throwing my back out,, up i came cussing like mad, i beat the bull till he ran into the trailer, the jack and mare were in a corner frozen, the young people were white as sheets, now after the last time my rib is broken again, my back shot, frig i should of stayed in bed,
Dawg
So the question is ......... after all that, did they buy the bull?

Back