PEACH WINE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friends dont let friends post drunk!
smiley4.gif

Woa!!!!

Hush your mouth!!!!

We, the pincal of posters do not drink to extress sir!!!

Let that neber be sade!

11 May 2008 at 05:36pm DAY 08<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Spec Grav is at 1.025sg so I pulled the fruit sock today, squeezed it out and discarded the peaches. I then racked from my primary to my carboy and removed most of the lees in the process. There’s some heavy material in the must that’s making it thick but I’m sure it’ll grav out over time. I’ve now air locked it and put it into the basement to sit for 2 to 4 weeks and a rack.

12 May 2008 at 06:36am DAY 09
A quick peek at the peach proves me right. It’s only half as thick today as it was yesterday.

29 Jul 2008 at 04:30pm DAY 87
Racked today and back sweetened. I again siphoned off about 2 liters to another jug, poured 3 cups of it into another container, heated that container in the microwave for 2 minutes and added sugar in 2 cup quantities.
TAKE CARE HERE.
As you add the sugar, the wine froths massively! Add the sugar slowly and stir as you go.
Ran this batch up to 1.016sg, topped off with the balance of the wine (no water added at all) and bunged for storage in the basement at 70° again.

13 Sept 08 at 06:30pm DAY 133 4.4mo
Added one pack of inglass to clarify.

09 Sept 2008 07:30pm DAY 165
Racked the wine again into the 6gal carboy. 0.016s.g. still. Very prominent peach aroma and taste with a great amount of acid. NEED TO DEGAS MORE. Very small amount of lees build up this time. I think one more rack in a couple, 4 weeks and to the bottle.

01 Nov 2008 10:30am DAY 188
Racked the wine again into the 6gal carboy. 0.016s.g. still. Very prominent peach aroma. Again, a very small amount of lees build up but still it defies clarifying?

This wine tests my patience.
I've played with this Peach now for 5 months and still it defies my attempts to clarify it.
Each time I rack, I get a little less fine sediment in the bottom of the carboy but sediment none the less.
In addition, the wine is still not clear through the carboy like the apricott was.
I suspect that it has a lot to do with the fact that I used the cling peaches rather than fresh or at least, Oragon/ Vintners.
I racked again today and I think I'll leave it for another two weeks then try another clearing agent like the Superclear you all keep raving about.
I'd like to bottle it and be done with it about now.

BTW.

If you're thinking about making an easy, quick Peach wine, Don't use cling peaches.

Handyman

Sounds great, do you mean an sg of 1.016? Peach wine is the hardest to clear and will even give SuperKleer a work out but it should work.

Yup.

My err on the sg. 1.016
I think now, that I might have sweetened it a bit much for what I was looking for but that's ok.
If I try this one again, I'm going for fresh peaches nad my 1.010.

SUPERCLEAR....

Wade.
Have you ever multiple dosed with the superclear? Added it then racked a couple weeks later and added it again?
If so, does it have any adverse sffects that way?

I don't think you need multiple doses with Super-Kleer K.C. You might with SuperClear, but then I have never seen that brand- only Super-Kleer K.C.

dsc01832.jpg
</A>

It certainly works well and quickly.

P.S. I did a search for Superclear and came up with this
sclr.jpg

It is a Liquid dye thickener- I don't think that would work for clearing wine
smiley3.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley36.gif
Edited by: appleman

Mutiple doses might strip a little flavor but not much at all in my opinion. I did a side by side comparison with my wife and 1 friend of hers with my plum wine last year as I had a 6 gallon container and a 1 gallon jug and the 1 gallon jug was clear as day but the big 1 needed a little help. I couldnt tell the difference between the 2 and neither of them could either. Some other people might be a little more perseptive though.

Greetings all:

I'm back after several long months of moving and repairing our new house.
I finished off this Peach and had the last glass of it last August.
Man did it come out fine!

So fine in fact, that as of last weekend,I've started another 5gals of it again.
I started this batch though, at 1.070 instead of the 1.090 I started the last batch at.
Now I'm waiting out the arrival of 1.040 to remove the Cling Peaches and transfer to the carboy.

This batch will be stored in the basement till sometime mid 2011 since it seemed to me that the first batch was great after a years, setting up time.

I don't see many familiar names here so I hope all is well with those that are still with us.

Back