peach wine sg 1.14

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green_Acres

Reaction score
I used Tom recipe to start some peach wine
I was trying to watch the sg but after I put the peaches in, that when it went to 1.140, will this hurt any thing?
i didn't think the peaches were that sweeted.
and Tom right you need two primaries to make this.

26# Free Stone Peaches pitted and sliced
Add to2 paint straining bags. You will need 2 primaries.
3tsp pectic enzyme
4tsp acid blend or to bring TA in line
sugar to 1.085
5 gallons water
Cote des Blancs yeast
Ferment dry.add k-meta and sorbate.
make a f-pac with 10# of peaches
Add simple syrup to taste.
wait a week and add clairifier.

not sure if I understand what you are saying, did you add sugar to 1.085 and then added the peaches?

I doubt the sugar is dissolved. How many pounds did you add?

When adding sugar you need to take 3-4qts from the bucket and bring it to almost a boil and add sugar. Whisk over heat till clear. Add

Did you add the sugar before adding the fruit? Typically many fruits will get you up to 1.030-1.045 in sg before any sugar. I always add sugar slowly and check sg. Never put all the sugar in the recipe in. Gotta mix it in slow, until you hit the right sg. Is that what happened, I mean all the ingredients in the recipe and then you checked the sg? My dad did that once. Can't pull it out now! lol. Gonna be sweet. IIRC, Cotes will go to something like 13-14% abv, so you will be ok, but not optimal.

yes brought up sg 1.085 before adding fruit, I hope it ok, I know my wife like the tasted right now, this wine is for her I not much of a peach wine person.
btw thank all:slp

I have always put in fruit, sugar and ingredients as called for in recipe, take SG. Then let it set for day. Then add yeast next day. My SG has been always right on. I have not even dissolved it before I added it. Might be pure luck though

Latest posts

Back