Peach Wine ?'s

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sly22guy

Reaction score
Ok so i got about 41lbs sliced peaches, 16lbs canned added 2 gals of water, initial sg was 1.032. Heated 1 Gal of juice and added 4lbs of sugar. sg is now 1.052.

Other primary has 25lbs of peaches sg was 1.021. Heated 1 Gal of juice and added 6lbs of sugar. sg is now 1.052 also. was aiming for 1.085 ish. Ive added the pectic enzyme, yeast nutrient & acid blend. Have not added the yeast yet.

So should i pull a gallon out of each and add more sugar, or should i wait till am & see if the sg rose at all? According to the wine calc. it says i should add 2.8lbs to the one batch & 1.92lbs to the other. That works out to a total of 14.72lbs? or should i just let it at the 10lbs its at now?

If you are adding fruit I will undershoot a bit the gravity because I know I will get some sugar from the fruit. It's not an exact science but close and you'll be good. As long as you pay attention and monitor gravity you can add sugar after a few days and be okay.

I usually observe a slight increase in SG after I put the PE in with most wines. I made peach in september and my gravity before the PE was 1.070 and it went up to 1.086 a day after I added it. Hope this helps.

I'm confused.
How big a batch are you making? You only added 2 gallons of water? If you pulled out al the fruit you should have 6 gallons with all those #'s.
Always pull water out of the bucket, heat and dissolve sugar in that and return. Have you chacked the TA?

Oh yeah sry tom just caught that. the first primary with (they now have approx 20lbs each, i evened out the fruit before i went to sleep last night) 16lbs has 2 gals & the 2nd primary has 3 gals. (with the fruit out) Yeah i siponed off 1 gal from each primary added the sugar and heated to disolve then poured over the fruit. did this process for each primary. Checked the sg before work this morning and they both were up, approx 1.061-1.062.

The Fruit in each primary are in strainer bags. so my plan after work is to squeeze the juice out of each of the bags stir it around real good, recheck the sg. if its still under 1.085 should i add more or just pitch my yeast and keep an eye on it an add a little more sugar in a day or two? Id like to have a finished 12.5% or so.

Have you added Pectic Enzyme yet? If not add 1 tsp per gal. Thats a little high but will not hurt

Yes i added the pectic enzyme last night. along with acid blend & yeast nutr.

i think i only added 1/2tsp per gallon of the pectic enzyme though is that ok or should i add more? (have to check my notes when i get home from work)

no you are fine you didnt say anything about it so thats why I said 1 tsp per gal 1/2tsp is normal

so should i try to get my sg up to the 1.085 when i get home? or would you let it where it is?

Ok finally got the sg to 1.091 in one & 1.085 in the other, 3 gals ea. gona combine later for a 6 gal batch, plus some to top up. Must Temp is 72F Add 1 packet to each "Cote des Blanc" Hope it turns out good! Also looking forward to making my first batch of skeeter pee from the leftovers!!! I should have enough to make 2 batches of skeeter pee with my peach. figure 1 reg and 1 tea!!!

Those are much beter starting sg's! Peach will make a nice skeeter starter!

Just pushed down the fruit its bubbling away nicely!! What sg should i rack it to secondary?

1.020 is a good gravity to remove pulp. Then I would snap the lid shut and add airlock.

couldn't i combine them in a 6 gal better bottle then so i could use the lees & fruit for my skeeter pee? or would u leave it in the bucket for a week or so?

Id leave it in longer. puting it in carboy at that point can add up to overflow due to too much activity.

Checked sg on sun it was down to 1.00 ish removed fruit and squeezed out as much juice as possible, stirred up real good and closed lid and added air lock, if i let it go till wed then rack over to carboys so i can free up my primaries. Shouldnt have too much issue with the sg that low should i? i want to get my 2 batches of skeeter pee going.

Latest posts

Back