peach wine is not clearing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

touchtoomuch

Reaction score
I made some peach wine about 5 months ago. I recently added superkleer to it about 6 weeks ago to help clear it. It hasn't cleared any since I added it. I know I mashed the crap out of the peaches during fermentation but I cant see why its not clearing. Yes, I did add pectic enzyme at the required amount. Anybody have a clue???

I had the same problem with peach wine. It was about 5 month in the carboy and still hazy. About that time, I bought my new mini jet filter and used it for the first time on the peach and it came out crystal clear. I couldn't believe how well it worked. I have heard peach wine is one of the harder wines to clear.

Peach wines can be very difficult to clear. Personally, I would add a bit more pectic enzyme and give it some time.

Put it in the fridge or outside if its cold where you are. Leave it as cold as possible for as long as you can. You should see some seperation.

I also have a Mini-Jet and If you have one or can borrow oneuse #2 pad

I have a Mini-Jet and have that it is great at polishing a wine but clogs quickly with wines that have substantial haze. Nevertheless, you may want to give it a shot.

If you have alot of haze or "floaties" I would start with the coarse filter #1then go to polishing #2 filter.
smiley20.gif

I might give that a go, Tepe, with the next extremely difficult to clear wine.

Back