PC Talk

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hated AOL and hated it even more when I tried to unsubscribe from them. Took me forever to get all the charges for free internet credited back to my bank account.

smiley7.gif

Yep, I have heard that horror story here as well. I go with a local tech location. If is good especially when I have a problem I can just call them 24/7...although I pay 20.00 a month, no hassels...AOL is another l on g story.

Cable internet is gonna cost me $40 a month over the $43 a month I already pay for TV programming.

That is about the price range here as well. We have the regular cable vision guys for TV andthat's $45. I wanted something faster than the old modem and that was not available in my area. Some areas are $67+/some areas no phone. Kinda reminds me of the good old days..(No see....No need.....No worry)

I know what you mean there.I have no cell phone. I don't need one. I don't want anyone able to call me when I ain't home.I don't need to talk on a phone while driving or while enjoying a restaurant. I just don't get it. We didn't need them 20 years ago, and we still don't, folks just thinkthey do.

Country Wine said:
I know what you mean there.I have no cell phone. I don't need one. I don't want anyone able to call me when I ain't home.I don't need to talk on a phone while driving or while enjoying a restaurant. I just don't get it. We didn't need them 20 years ago, and we still don't, folks just thinkthey do.
Explain that to my wife!
smiley17.gif

What i was looking for was anyone on aol that get the comformation email from FVW when they order or sign up so i could converse with them on how the are set up.

By the way I have no problem with aol as with anything that you pay for with a bank draft if you quit you need to goto the bankor call to make a stop payment notice.

Ramrod, do they offer a $ discount if you paid for the year. (Then of course, one is stuck with the provider for the contract) It's hard for me to pay upfront, but I know that I need the service, and the savings here is around $30.00 difference, vs paying each month.

I dread seeing my cable bill each month now, but this might well prove it's worth.

Well, everything costs something in life. Even going to the bathroom (sewer) or reading a book (electricity). Doing both at the same time costs a fortune.

Well two for one really sounds like a very good deal to me, especially when the time is required at whatever the costs may be!
smiley36.gif

Very good point!

Anyone have any negative problems with windows XP they care to share?

Should I be allowing all those annoying updates? My security software and anti-virus software does this also.

Incidentally, I was on this forum today when the server went down for a few minutes. I wondered if anyone else noticed.

Really? It must have happened more than once, then. It happened here around 2pm CST.

Maybe it was this morning. That would have been 9 am my time. No, I wasn't online at 9.

Back