OZTops

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewdog

Junior
Reaction score
As anyone tried these. I bought a kit and have tried quite a few juices. It makes delightful Cider, Ginger beer and many other types.

The kit has tops that fit all standard Pet bottles and the high Champagne pressure tops make Cider taste like Brut. I do brew beer but like Cider and I found Cider tainted my fermenter.

Any juice can be used with no preservatives. The system does rely on refrigerating to stop the yeast action and control sweetness and alcohol. Basicly 2 litres of juice cup of sugar sprinkle of yeast and 4 - 6 days in a warm place and 2 - 4 days in the fridge.

Remember those Ginger beer recipe's. They can now be safely made without making bombs.

I have a Blackcurrent and Apple that is as good as a Lumbrusco as you could taste, fully carbonated. I do make still versions. Coming up Mango.

The ladies like the Apple and Cranberry but do not heed my warning about it's kick.Result: Happy ladies :)

Though i don't use them much any more, I have used EZCaps (same thing) with pretty good success.

Apple Juice wine (SWMBO's fave)
Orange Juice wine
Concord Grape juice wine (it was better than Manischewitz)
Ginger Ale & Root Beer (my kid's thought i was "the man" for these)
and they even sent out some beer kits for the cost of shipping when i joined the forum. (http://ezcapsforum.com/)

Last edited:
I did not think Orange would ferment and I am told, do not use Bannana or Lemon.
I am about to brew a Ginger Beer from a kit. It is supposed to make 18 litres so I will have to work out how to store the ingrediants till I use them up.

I will probably use my spare fermenter and do the lot at once. It is starting to warm up here in Australia so I have to get my finger out and start some serious brewing, I like to keep at least 100 litres maturing. I do not like green beer.
My problem is I experiment. I am about to try placing a Pet bottle in a saucepan filled with water on a stove. I shall have some air tubing(Fish Tank stuff) from the cap on the pet bottle. The tubing will go into another bottle in cold water. I will simmer the water and achieve the right kind of temperature.

Probably use some cheap wine first to experiment. Ethonol is hard to get and Vodka has it's own taste. I am aiming for Drambrue my favourite liquer.

Believe it or not I do not drink that much but have lots of thirsty friends. It gets hot in OZ and there is nothing like a beer to refresh you especially after battling with the old lawn mower.

Happy brewing
Terry

Latest posts

Back