Ordering Vadai Barrels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess they still are. Just got my bill. 140.00 plus TT&L. With rack fermenting bung and shipping 200.00
And you just called that number for Vadai posted earlier correct? I guess you assume business hours on the west coast?

MoreWine just emailed me to say they are back in stock so it looks like the business is defineately back up.

Good news

Assume its cheaper to order right from Sandors family, but not sure. More Wine has the 23L for 145, stand for 20, and bung for 8 I think. Plus shipping.

Thanks for the update! So sad hearing of their loss but so glad to hear they are back up and doing what Sand or would have wanted being carrying on the family business.

Actually its been cheaper to order through More Wine. My last two Vadai's have come through More Wine. 23L barrel was $145. What was way cheaper was the shipping.

Vadai charged me like $38 to ship to NM and More Wine only charged me $12!!!! :sm

Actually its been cheaper to order through More Wine. My last two Vadai's have come through More Wine. 23L barrel was $145. What was way cheaper was the shipping.

Vadai charged me like $38 to ship to NM and More Wine only charged me $12!!!! :sm

Didn't you also mention that the Morewinemaking barrels are tight as a drum when they arrive? Mine was.

I just spoke to the folks at Vadai this evening, what a great conversation I had, both with Sandors daughter and wife, great people! I am waiting on the container to come in from Hungary.

Vadai wine barrels

I was searching for wine barrels when I came across the Vadai website. I called the number listed and talked with Ruthy and her daughter. They have 32gal barrels and I am probably going to order some in the morning after I have another conversation with them.
So, evidently the website works and they have barrels and want to sell..
I'll write back if I have any difficulty.
Steve Stanzione

Their 23L barrel (medium toast?) is now $158 plus shipping, their website still has the old price at $148.

I think my LHBS has this for $190, I'd just need to drive ~40 miles round trip.

I think that is a different 'brand'. But I think it is the same Hungarian medium toast barrel. That said, it's cheaper delivered from Vadai or MoreWine. At least it was for me.

Latest posts

Back