RJ Spagnols Orchard Breezin Peach Chardonnay Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redskins

Reaction score
Hi everyone hope you had a nice weekend. I have a question about the Peach Chardonnay kit from RJ Spagnols. When clearing/stabalizing you are supposed to rack into the secondary carboy and then put aside 2 liters of the wine. You then clear stabalize the carboy and degass and then add in the 2 liters that were set aside and also add the fruit pack. What is the point of setting aside the 2 liters? Does it make any difference?

The purpose of setting aside the 2 litres is to ensure that you have enough room in your carboy to accommodate the addition of the fruit pack. Once this is done you can add some or all of the 2 litres as needed to top up your carboy. I can 't remember the instructions for these but you should stabilize the wine (add suphite and sorbate) before removing the 2 litres so that anything that might not be used for top up can be saved in a smaller bottle for later topping up if needed.

Dugger has it right. There is also a added benefit if you do happen to get the dreaded degassing volcano there will be enough room in the carboy to handle the gas.

How long should these orchard breezing kits be aged before they are good to drink? Do they even need to be aged? Thanks! I am getting ready to bottle them on monday.

How long should these orchard breezing kits be aged before they are good to drink? Do they even need to be aged? Thanks! I am getting ready to bottle them on monday.
Many people think that they are good to go right away. Personally, I like to give them a month to settle down from bottling shock.

Steve

Last edited:
The peach chard is one if the wines my husband has asked me to always have on hand. It's really good.

Latest posts

Back