Oleva Potato Recipes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frjen

Reaction score
Hello

I just made a new batch of wine yeasterday from a recipe from a book, and a few hours ago I found out that I forgot to add a sliced lemon.
How important is the sliced lemon for the wine ?

Runningwolf said:
You really need to give us a ton more of information. What are you making, what is the recipe, whats the purpose of the lemon...

I don't know what the purpose of the lemon is, the recipe doesn't say.

4 lb potato, sliced
1 lemon, sliced,
1/4 oz hops
1 gallon water
3 1/2 lb sugar

the lemon is probably for the acid, which (will give your wine/beer? not sure what it is you are making) pizzazz, it will not taste flat.

Julie said:
the lemon is probably for the acid, which (will give your wine/beer? not sure what it is you are making) pizzazz, it will not taste flat.

Could I add a sliced lemon now ?

My wine stopped fermenting, Itried restarting it, but it did,nt work. Any ideas ?

Last we heard from you was over 2 weeks ago. Maybe the fermentation is done.

What is the current SG?
When did it stop?

Hello
Yes that´s true, I was hopin the fermentation was over, but that was not the case.
The first SG was 1020, the last one was 1040, 0,020 * 105 = 2,1 %
If I´m right.

do you mean the last one was 1.004? Otherwise your sg is going the wrong direction.

I just saw I made a small but important mistake, the first SG is 1120 and the last one is 1040, that makes 100,or 0,100*105= 10,5right ?

2013-06-04 21.40.56.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

I have no idea what you are trying to convey.
Can you explain?

I get it, you must be from Italy; you are swapping a comma for a decimal.

(1.120 - 1.040) * 131 = 10.48%

Hehe, no I´m not from Italy, but we to use , more that we use .
Sorry for the confusion. But I guess my potato wine is finish then.
Do you know why it has a lower alcohol content ?

Dry bakers yeast :) I´m a newbie, making wine here is illegal and so is selling anything for making wine or beer. So that´s why I used bakers yeast.

If you used baker's yeast to get about 10.5% alcohol, your ferment is most likely done.

Baker's yeast has a lower alcohol tolerance than wine yeast, usually. Especially because if you don't have access to wine yeast, you most likely don't have access to energizer/nutrient

And just out of curiosity, if wine making is illegal in your country, how are you making wine for a school project? That seems kind of contradictory.

Latest posts

Back