Old wine... safe?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that you mention it, we don't even know if his "real" name is Troy. And that beard.... that beard.... it kinda looks like one of those "press on" ones.

med_fake_beard.jpg

Great idea if you want to look like Freddy Mercury (mustache only) or Satan (mustache, sideburns AND Van Dyke)

Hmm...

After 2 years of treatments in intensive care, my fingers can finally move enough to type again....

Apparently my account isn't set up to receive emails when people reply to things I post here, is there a way to do that? I'm not sure that I'll ever have the time or interest to be involved in wine-making, but who knows?

I did try a small amount of the wine, and it was not very pleasant at all. I have no idea what happened to it, dad probably threw it out.

Well, I hope you're feeling better and hope you get back into wine making. As you know, it can be a very rewarding experience. Good Luck!!

But don't forget, Aging wine is a good thing!!!
"I told my wife, once. Men are like good wine...they improve with age!
She locked me in the celler :ft"

Rodney Dangerfield

I have one bottle left of two my dad gave me that is Florida orange wine from a 1966 trip. The one we did crack open (twist top) had become a virtual brandy. Dark amber stuff. No special storage, just propped up on a shelf and forgotten.

Just read through this thread and I must say that I'm hurting from laughing so hard. This was soooo funny! I was reading it to my little wife and we laughed together until I couldn't read from the tears in my eyes. :)

I have one bottle left of two my dad gave me that is Florida orange wine from a 1966 trip. The one we did crack open (twist top) had become a virtual brandy. Dark amber stuff. No special storage, just propped up on a shelf and forgotten.

You had a shelf you didn't look on for 46 years?? I suppose the other bottle is now calling your name. Jim, come drink me. LOL, Arne.

You had a shelf you didn't look on for 46 years?? I suppose the other bottle is now calling your name. Jim, come drink me. LOL, Arne.

My Dad had a bar room in the basement. The wine bottles were in the back of the bar, still in the touristy box they came in. Awhile back, he cleaned out the bar and gave me all his remaining liquor including the wine. I probably will hold off on the other bottle until I can snap a pic of it, then drink it.

Hey, I still have wine i made in 1987 and I would taste it. It probably sucked then and it does now, but the hobby has come a long way in 25 years.

Back