old vine zin??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kendo

Reaction score
How are the old vine zin grapes looking this year?..anyone get any from lodi?:a1:d

zin

I live close to Lodi. They haven't harvested the Zin yet as we've had a really mild summer. From what I can gather we're weeks behind normal.....

hey fireman, thks for posting the info, can you keep me updated on the OV ZIF, lodi, thks again ..:b.kendo

I have 150 lbs. from Lodi on order from our LHBS. Heard they are going to be pretty late picked this year for the reasons already stated.

Im hoping by the second week of sept they will make there way here in massachusetts...i leave for a vac trip the 12th, i wanted to get them before then..:ib

Im hoping by the second week of sept they will make there way here in massachusetts...i leave for a vac trip the 12th, i wanted to get them before then..:ib

From what I have read and heard, it could be as late as early October. Nothing definite, yet, though.

I was out in the Lodi AVA the first week of August, the OVZ was just starting to go through veraison, brix were still unreadable. The crop was looking very good, nice sized berries. As the previous posts had stated the harvest will be late, we are expecting our fruit to arrive the second or third week of October here in Chicago. I've attached a picture of one of the clusters... looking good!

DSCF2744.JPG

Latest posts

Back