Other Old Juice (how old is too old)?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtcannon

Junior
Reaction score
Hello, I have a couple of red wine kits that have been sitting in a cool, dark closet for a few years. Certainly the yeast has expired but since the juice has preservatives do you think the juice is good, perhaps nicely aged? Thanks!

Open it up and taste it. If it tastes like a kit normally does (grapey and very sweet) then there is no point in throwing it away. Make the wine, and if it is not good give it to someone you don't like very much.

I think I will follow your first suggestion :eek:) I wouldn't give bad wine to anyone lest they think I like that taste! Thanks again.

If it is very brown then it has oxidized and probably wont be very good but if it looks and tastes good then by all means get some god yeast and let er rip.
Edited by: wade

wade said:
If it is very brown then it has oxidized and probably wont be very good but if it looks and tastes good then by all means get some god yeast and let er rip.

Wade is god yeast what they use to get the Angel's Share?
smiley36.gif

Im sorry, its not avaiable to you people. I get my yeast straight from the Big Man. Sorry for rubbing that in!
smiley4.gif

wade said:
Im sorry, its not avaiable to you people. I get my yeast straight from the Big Man. Sorry for rubbing that in!
smiley4.gif

No wonder I'm having trouble with my reds....Wrong yeast supplier!

Latest posts

Back