Ok...this just broke my heart!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
I got the judges' notes from the wine I entered at the fair. The comments about the chocolate raspberry port are the ones!!! One says, "Nice long finish. " That's fine. The other one? "Perfect score! I feel bad pouring out the rest of my glass!"

He poured out my double gold! How could he?????
smiley19.gif
smiley3.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley3.gif
smiley19.gif

That was wrong on so many levels!

I would have put that glass aside for later to get the taste of some of the bad 1's out!
smiley36.gif

Those "pour" guys and gals judging competitions taste and spit, taste and spit. I bet they just plain want to taste and gulp, taste and gulp! But after about 150-200 taste and gulps, all the wine would be winning golds- so this way it is more special Joan knowing that they were still sober enough to really appreciate your award winning entry!

Thank you, gentlemen! I appreciate your kind thoughts. It just makes me sad to think they wasted such good wine.

Ironic isn't it!

Waste a good bottle of wine, just to be able to say it was the best!

Then again...... I would take a double Gold for a bottle or two.

Don't you wish you made 2 kits now?
smiley36.gif

Joan, gratz on the perfect score!!!!!! Blasphemy that they poured the bottle out!!!! What were they thinking?
smiley7.gif

jobe05 said:
Ironic isn't it!

Waste a good bottle of wine, just to be able to say it was the best!

Then again...... I would take a double Gold for a bottle or two.

Don't you wish you made 2 kits now?
smiley36.gif

Funny you should ask, Jobe...I have 3 gallons bulk aging and 2 kits on order from George!
smiley4.gif

Joan,

Do you have plans to submit this wine to the WineMaker magazine contest in the spring of 2009?

- Jim

joan you should enter every contest you can and enjoy the moment good and not so good,keep on making girl thats what winemakers do best....................................................................

Jim, I just might. It would be interesting to see how the judging compares. It will probably depend on if I have any of the first batch left! I kinda hate to look to see how many more are in the box! It would be horrible to find out it's empty!
smiley3.gif

Joe, I plan on making wine for a long time!

smiley2.gif
thats the spirit,judging can be a funny business,i finally met a professional one and he set up both competitions i was just in and stated that it takes a minimum of 3 judges to validate a wines charasticts and stated the first thing they look for is calssifia=cation and if there bubbles re they,re shouldn't,t be,we in our wine club are tiring to set up with him a competition within our club in November if the cost is OK,cellarmasters is on the horizon as well as vendemmia here in the Philadelphia are and of course winemakers ,in the spring yet alone WOODSTOCK........can,t wait to share some of my product with all of you that will make it there........................

Latest posts

Back