RJ Spagnols Ocean Breezin kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurieL

Junior
Reaction score
I want to up the alchohol on these kits. What would happen if I added the whole Fpak at the beginning vs 1/2 beginning and 1/2 at the end???
smiley5.gif

For 1 -- you wouldn't have any left to sweeten this kit when you are done fermenting. and it is designed to be a sweet kit.

So then if I put in only 1/2 at the beginning and 1/2 at the end it will still be semi sweet? And what do you think the potential alcohol level will be?

To determine the potential alcohol..... use the hydrometer as your guide. No way to tell without it as there are too many variables.

Some here would add an amount of sugar dissolved first in water and the 1/2 f-pak. Maybe they can add their results.

Appleman,
I'm a newbie... what kind of sugar is used to boost the alcohol level? Is there more than one type - simple syrup or corn syrup???

For wine, table sugar is fine. You can dissolve it in water brought up to almost boiling and then cool down before adding to the juice. Be sure to use that much less water in the water needed to add to the kit. Corn syrup or corn sugar can be added to beer, but all you need is regular sugar for wine.

If you added 1/2 the f-pac up front and no sugar youd be around 8-8.5%.

Latest posts

Back