Obsession?/Crazy?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmahoney

Reaction score
I have some long working hours and so my sleeping schedule isn't always what it needs or would like to be. My alarm goes off either at 2:00am or 3:00am, it takes me around 1 1/2 hours to get to work, and my day ends either 5:00-6:00pm. Then back home. Yet, when there is a day off, as is today, Thanksgiving, a person tends to catch up on a few winks. "NOT" Wide awake at midnight, toss and turn,so might as wellget up. If I remember right Waldo has some early morning topics too.

Hmmm!Lets check the wine. A one gallon batch can be transferred from it's primary. So, I'm in the kitchen with all my supplies syphoning the wine, had a kit wine to check to see if it had cleared, and of coursetaste test,so there is a glass ofwine sitting on the kitchen table. I look up and see my husband staring at me at 2:30 in the morning with that look!!!! That look!!!???
smiley5.gif
smiley12.gif
smiley24.gif
smiley13.gif
Crazy/Obsessed/alcoholic?

Needless to say there didn't have to be any words of wisdom for the looks said it all. I smiled
smiley4.gif
gave him a wink
smiley2.gif
and finished my project. Happy Thanksgiving I said as he went back to bed.

Yep! George forewarned me, once starting into the home made wine making, it gets addictive, no matter what time it is. But, obsessed? Maybe!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving you all!

This wine making is addictive and we can get obsessed with it, but it is a lot of fun and very enjoyable. Especially when we get to share it with others.

A Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

But we don't want to stop.
smiley2.gif
12-steps are for people who think we need help. We're too busy thinking about our wines to think of anything else!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! May your turkey be moist, your stuffing be flavorful, your company be full of good will and your wines be plentyful!

Wade,

The first step toward solving a problem is recognizing that the problem exists.
Thank goodness you haven't taken that first step.

I think we are mostly OCD people anyway, we are lucky to have found winemaking to do cause how many pickles can you make, and its hard to find cukes in the winter here in Maine..lol..
smiley29.gif
Edited by: AAASTINKIE

OCD is a positive attribute.
Everyone else in the world is flighty and cannot concentrate on one thing for very long.

Before i semi-retired I worked shift work with a rotating schedule. I worked a month of days then a month of nights. So on and so on. I was partial to night shift and usually kept a night shift schedule even on day shift. I did most of my winemaking at night, particularly in the middle of the night. I have bottled many a batch at 02:00 am. I found it very relaxing and quite peaceful. The wine kit tutorial I made here was done around midnight or so for most of it.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back