Oaking my Red Zin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scuba, looks good!!!!
smiley36.gif

Thanks! I will add those other packets in this week :). I just racked it off the oak after about 9 weeks and I topped it up with Mondavi Red Zin. The Mondavi already had some oak in it soI think it should be a good mix.

Scuba

Scuba, if those fining agents dont do the trick which they probably will, then get yourself some SuperKleer to do it as that product doesnt require the lees to work. SuperKleer is both negatively and positively charged unlike what usually comes in a W.E. kit and works great without having the lees in there.

Ok so I put the 2, 3, and 4 packets into the red zin today, man there was a lot of gas in that wine! I dont know if the oak helped put some gas in there but I stired it up for quite a while with the drill and the bubbles just kept on coming, but I think I got most of it out so im happy. Let it sit for about a month and then bottle :).

I was thinking, there probley wasnt any more gas then usual, I had the wine topped up already so all the gas was coming out of a much smaller area then if the wine wasnt topped up. Thats probley why it looked like there was so much gas.

Scuba

Ok so I filtered the Red Zin today and will be bottling tomorrow. I also added 1/4 tsp of k-meta to up the S02 levels.

I have never added any k-meta to this wine before, should I add some more in addition to the 1/4 tsp i just added to make sure my s02 levels are high enough to bottle?

Scuba

I like this forum.
By the way,I am a newer here.

Good! Welcome to the forum. Then why don't you make up a cool name for yourself, join up under that name and tell us about yourself?

Latest posts

Back