Mosti Mondiale next step....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trubador

Reaction score
Mosti - All Juice Merlot:

followed instructions through the degassing stage. So, wine has been sitting in carboy since July. I have not added the siligel or liquigel as per the bulk aging instructions with the kit.

I want to bulk age a bit longer (too lazy to bottle right now plus no chance of drinking). I am thinking at least 9 months in the carboy total, so I have about 3 to 4 months more to go.

So, I have to add some more k-meta definitely, but I also might needto rack b/c I believe there is some sediment at bottom of carboy. Not a ton, but it is there.

Should I add the siligel/liquigel now? If so, do I add it to the existing carboy? or the carboy after I rack it? Or do I simply leave wine on the sediment and add some k-meta to carboy?

My first mosti all juice kit, btw.

If you are going to bulk age more Im thinking that it should be very clear by now and any lees that have not fallen out will over the next few months o I wouldnt even use the fining agents that came with it but if I were to use it I would add it to the carboy with the sediment in there as these fining agents do require some sediment to bond to so stir it up well before adding.

wade said:
If you are going to bulk age more Im thinking that it should be very clear by now and any lees that have not fallen out will over the next few months o I wouldnt even use the fining agents that came with it but if I were to use it I would add it to the carboy with the sediment in there as these fining agents do require some sediment to bond to so stir it up well before adding.

I was thinking along the same lines of skipping the fining agent addition. Assuming that is the way I go, since there are some lees on the bottom of the carboy currently, should I rack to a new carboy and add k-meta? Or leave in same carboy and add k-meta?

I would rack off sediment and then add k-meta. If you are not confident later on about it being clear then you could add SuperKleer as that has both +&- ions in it and doesnt need lots of sediment in there to work.
Edited by: wade

Back