Newbie from southeastern Ohio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

J-Gee

Reaction score
I've been reading this forum for a few months as part of my research on the art of winemaking.I started my first 6 gallon batch this past week and do believe I'm getting obsessed with it.My first effort is blueberry and it seems to be doing very well.This weekend I will be buying a couple more carboys and visiting a couple orchards in search of fruit.I appreciate this forum and all of the great info that I have obtained thus far.

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum,

keep us updated on your progress, it really does become an obsession..

Allie

Tom

Reaction score
Welcome to a great forum! :b
Glad te see you are no longer a "LURKER".Don't be shy, ask away and keep us updated on your progress.

Madriver Wines

Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow Ohioan. This is a great site for info on wine and beer making.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
OH Jgee, weve got you in our clutches already!!!!!:) Glad to have you aboard and I can see already you better make plans for a special room in your house to store all the bottles of wine you will be making. Start designing now!!!!!!!!!! Also start looking for places where you can get free bottles. I go to my local recycling center(dump) and ask the guy to save me wine bottles in teh morning on Sat. and by 2:30 there are 130 give or take a few all for free. Well i do hook him up with a few bottles of my wine.

surlees

Reaction score
Welcome JGee,

Winemaking's definitely addictive, but you'll enjoy every minute of it! :h
Or, almost every minute.

Fred

Reaction score
Welcome JGee,

Winemaking's definitely addictive, but you'll enjoy every minute of it! :h
Or, almost every minute.

Fred
even more so when you finally finish and you can relax with a glass!:b

welcome!

blueberry is a fine choice for a first except that it can stall, so enjoy watching the bubble fest. lol.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
I was able to come up with 19 cases of empty wine bottles from 2 different wine tasting events my local home brew shop sponsors. I was glad I asked before anyone else.