Newbie from MN

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upnorth

Junior
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am a BRAND new wine maker. Actually waiting for my eqiupment to arrive to get started. I am very excited! I am in north central MN. I am an avid flower and vegetable gardener and canner. I also love to quilt and read. I have my own raspberries, strawberries, and concord grapes, so I really want to try making wine from fruit next summer, but it all sounds a little complicated.
smiley5.gif

To start I am going with an Island Mist white cranberry kit as I like more of a wine cooler flavor. Wish me luck!
smiley2.gif

Welcome upnorth, you are in good company up there. You sound like a spitting image of our beloved NW ( Northern Winos) and she will be glad to take you under her wing and teach you all you need to know. As will everyone here on the forum

Welcome upnorth! You have something in common with everyone on this forum. We all had to make our first batch of wine at one time or another. Yours is coming soon. Shortly after that you will have confidence and be making more than you ever imagined. Stay warm, look at the seed catalogs and read through some of the info here.

Welcome to the forum upnorth, by next summer you will find how easy it is indeed! Good Luck on your first one, and have fun!

Welcome...Hope we can enjoy winemaking together......We all love sharing our adventures and also sharing photos...

Stay warm....
smiley4.gif

Welcome upnorth, once you get a few batches under you you will be stripping your yard and any other place of any fruits available.

Welcome! This is great! Another Minnesotan! It must be that time of year to hunker down and spend time at home.

Welocme Upnorth,
Most of what I have learn, I learned on this forum and in my cellar. It might sound complicated at first but it is just because of the new terms. (Lingo) Help is always just a few key strokes away.

Welcome Upnorth....hope you enjoy yournew hobby....and stay warm..
smiley4.gif

Welcome Up North,
You will enjoy the hobby and people on this forum. Like they say we do like photos.

upnorth, welcome to the Forum here!!! Lots of knowledge, good people and alot of fun!!! Like Scotty says, we ALL love pictures!!! The Cranberry mist sounds good!!!
smiley4.gif

HI Upnorth!! I'm on my first wine kit... and having fun with it... It can't be that hard look at all the help here!!!!!! Welcome,
Darryl

Welcome Upnorth! I too am awaiting my first kit. I'll get it started over the holidays adn we can compare notes.

Mine is a Cellar Craft Pinot Nior

Welcome Upnorth ~ we are in north central MN too, glad to have you join us!

Don't feel too bad about waiting on your equipment and kit, it's kinda cold out there this week to think about starting a fermentation, even if the kitchen or cellar is warm... brrrrr it's cold, isn't it???

Back