Loganberry Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Monst3r

Junior
Reaction score
I have my fingers in all the threads here, I am a Newbie, I am using a kit(ish), and I am kind of making my own recipe! Though I am thinking this is the best place to start as the fruit-itself is the "Country Fruit Winemaking"

For those who didn't google what a Loganberry is, it is a high-bred of a Blackberry and a Raspberry and is the more acidic cousin of the Teyberry.

We have a plant that is overwhelmingly fruit bearing this year, and we are over making Jam. Thus begins my adventure into wine making, I have wanted to do this for awhile (my grandfather was a self proclaimed wine-o). The freezer being too full and the plant still making more was the kick in the pants to start!

So I currently have 3 different types of batches going 1st) 3lb Loganberry 1lb Raspberry combo that is by the recipe that the kit came with. (I will post it later) 2nd) 2lb Loganberry 4.5lb Apple following the apple wine recipe that the kit has. 3rd) The one I am SO excited about 4 lb Loganberries with Orange Zest & Chai Spices I am going to age this one longer than the kit states because I am thinking I want it bottled around the Holidays.

I will post pictures and recipes later, I AM JUST SO excited and any help/input etc. I am stoked to be a part of this community!

Okay, so I am going to need a little help, I did my second racking (separating it from the first yeast cake). It still smells pretty yeasty, is that common? I would say since starting its about 2 months old... do I just need to let it age a little longer, I am planning on letting it age for at least another 2 months. Would we recommend longer?

Back