Newbie from Missouri

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stickymatch

Reaction score
Hello. I've been lurking for about a week and decided to join.

I received a wine equipment kit for Christmas from my wife and I'm eager to get started. In the past, I've made numerous batches of beer with a Mr. Beer kit but never really progressed from there....I'm not a big beer drinker but wanted to learn a new craft, plus it gave my buddies something to drink. Now I'm ready to jump into wine making.

So....hello!

Welcome! This a great place to learn! My husband started out with beer and we did a few wine kits and now we're all over the place experimenting with winemaking from fruit and grapes loads of fun :)

Welcome! As you have seen from 'lurking' there are a lot of experienced winemakers here and PLENTY of newbies such as myself.
I look forward to your journey into winemaking. Might as well start looking for more carboys now. They will be necessary.

Welcome to WMT! There's so much info here, and so many people ready to help.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Welcome aboard!

So both you and your wife will be working together on this wine making venture, that's great.

Welcome!
There are a bunch of us here from MO.
Where in the state are you?

Since you live there, I will certainly invite you to join our wine club. Missouri Valley Wine Society (mvws.org) We met out in Warrenton, second Thursday of the month. This month will be a somewhat boring meeting as it will mostly be talking about our wine competition. PM me if you would like more information.

Hello Newbie from Missouri

Hello. I've been lurking for about a week and decided to join.

I received a wine equipment kit for Christmas from my wife and I'm eager to get started. In the past, I've made numerous batches of beer with a Mr. Beer kit but never really progressed from there....I'm not a big beer drinker but wanted to learn a new craft, plus it gave my buddies something to drink. Now I'm ready to jump into wine making.

So....hello!

Welcome Missouri ! That's how I restarted this addiction after a 20+ year absence; a basic winemaking kit as a gift from my wife. With the knowledge, experience and distinctly friendly atmosphere on this site, it has been a pleasure to get back to such an enjoyable (and delicious) past-time. The folks on here have been incredibly helpful and I'm absolutely positive you will find the same.

I have a cousin, whom I haven't seen since we were small kids, that lives in Pomona. Anywhere near you?

Anyway, enjoy !! Jerry :dg

Latest posts

Back