New Wine Rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrzazz

Reaction score
New wine rack finished. Capacity 204 bottles. Now I think I need to match it on the other wall :p

photo.jpg

Now you've got to come build one for all of the forum members. Just like in school " If you didn't bring enough for everyone..." LOL

very nice. Some day you might want to start using shrink capsules so you easily identfy you stock on the shelves. I bet you impressed the crap out of your friends. So, when's you first tasting party in your new wine room.

That is indeed an awesome looking rack. You will need to get started on another one imediately as this one LOOKS full.

I'll place my order now.

The great thing about the rack is, it only cost me about $60. The local lumber yard had wood on sale :D There is an antique mantle on the left of the rack. So I think a matching one on the other side of the mantle would look great. PLUS I need more room..... I have about 50 gallons in carboys waiting to bottle :d What an addiction.

I'll have to look into the shrink capsules Dan, that would help a lot.

I decided it looked unbalanced so I started one on the other side pictures to come soon. I really am addicted :dg

WOW!! I'm impressed which is not too easy to do.

Dan, how will the capsules help identify the wine. I can see white and red, but how about Chianti and Cab? How would you identify two diff. reds or two diff. whites? I would like to use that system. Right now I only use capsules on gifts right before I deliver it. :b

Dan, how will the capsules help identify the wine. I can see white and red, but how about Chianti and Cab? How would you identify two diff. reds or two diff. whites? I would like to use that system. Right now I only use capsules on gifts right before I deliver it. :b
I know there are many colored capsules out there. So, Pick a color for eack wine...
Now since my club bought 45,000 all one color last year I'm stuck with all black (I bought 5K)

As Tom stated a different color for each wine. I put a hang tag on on neck and then know all the rest of that color is that paticular wine. Since you are always drinking and making more, you're also always moving wine around on the racks to make more room or to condense. This makes it a lot easier at just a glance.

Back