New Wine Makers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fotogrf

Junior
Reaction score
My Wife and I have contemplated making wine for a while. We got a kit for Christmas and started it tonight. We took a class at Grapes and Grains in Greenville this weekend and picked up the rest of the supplies we needed for our kit. We mixed our first batch of Zinfandel tonight and are already looking for another carboy and fermenting bucket to start another batch needless to say we are hooked.:d

Oh, no! Another one! Will it never stop! Oh, the humanity! lol

Welcome to your new hobby. I started in August of this year. I just ordered my 9th and 10th carboys, and am ready to start my 15th and 16th (6 gallon batch) of wine.

That's 350+ bottles in five months, and now part of my basement has become my Wine Lab. It all gets big very quickly. Watch out!

Welcome, This hobby is very addicting. I started in Oct, and now have six carboys and need a couple more.. But it is fun, well maybe for all the cleaning and sanitizing, as a mechanic I got the cleanest hands ever

Welcome, tell us about the kit you are using ... we love to hear the details.

Welcome thats how most of us started one carboy at a time I have yet to make a kit all my wine have been from fresh fruit

We are using a Spagnols Grand Cru Zinfandel Blush as our first. We just purchased another bucket and lid kit and another carboy last night. Looks like we are going to be frequent visitors of Our awesome local store Grapes and Grains....

First off, welcome to the forum where all who make wine are happy. Lol

Welcome thats how most of us started one carboy at a time I have yet to make a kit all my wine have been from fresh fruit

I havent ever used a kit either, thinking about trying one out one of these days just to see how it turns out. I just have too much fun making my own recipes I suppose, because then I never KNOW how it will turn out, just assume its gonna be delicious. If not to me, then maybe to somebody, and then its easy to take care of those folks bdays/christmas presents when I have a wine stocked up that I dont drink and I know they very much enjoy.:sm

Latest posts

Back