New Tank

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok it's not a tank but a beer keg. I was able to pick up a 15 (approx) gallon keg today for the $30 deposit. I feel a lot more comfortable with this rather than a Demi John that has such thin glass. Noe to figure out how to get the ball out of it. Anyone have any tricks to removing this?

When I picked this up the girl told me they just had one returned from a party that was still half full. Sounded cool since I have a kegerater I have'nt used in years until she told me it was Bud Light :s. If it had been something I liked I would have grabed it as it would have been free beer.

Ok it's not a tank but a beer keg. I was able to pick up a 15 (approx) gallon keg today for the $30 deposit. I feel a lot more comfortable with this rather than a Demi John that has such thin glass. Noe to figure out how to get the ball out of it. Anyone have any tricks to removing this?

When I picked this up the girl told me they just had one returned from a party that was still half full. Sounded cool since I have a kegerater I have'nt used in years until she told me it was Bud Light :s. If it had been something I liked I would have grabed it as it would have been free beer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfRAFIYZd4M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfRAFIYZd4M[/ame]

RR

Hey Rat thanks for the video. After posting I did Google it and found this video with a host of instructions. Looks pretty easy. I did do what they warned about. I pushed on the ball a bit and got a real beer shower. Lesson learned.

No problem. Just trying to pay it forward.

Side note, what did you ever decide about an Ebulliometer?

RR

Hey Rat thanks for the video. After posting I did Google it and found this video with a host of instructions. Looks pretty easy. I did do what they warned about. I pushed on the ball a bit and got a real beer shower. Lesson learned.
Even after being warned!!!! LOL:slp

haha well, incase anyone looks at this again and wants to do that.
So you do not get a beer shower (i've done this for my beer brewing keggles)... Lay them on their side and use a nail in the ball to the side and hit it a few times to make it stick... if it's quite full, the beer shower will go to the side, or if it's less full. it'll shoot the C02 out the side as well... eliminating the need for "multiple showers" :spm

Latest posts

Back