Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo

Reaction score
First off ... Happy New Year everyone! Happy winemaking!
Now my complaint ... I see a lot of new posts in this forum category -General Information: Information, News, and Specials from Fine Vine Wines
Is the site not locked down or do the moderators not have access to correct issues? This forum category should be information from George and his staff. Not random users who are too lazy to look further down the list. Yes it is the first category you see. Can the mods move posts to the proper categories and remind users to post in the correct area? Let's keep this great forum organized. I don't contribute a lot because posts get answered pretty quickly but I do read a lot of them.
smiley4.gif

Pablo, you are right! Im usually so involved in trying to answer the question that I forget to look what forum its in. Ill get right on fixing some of this!!

Sorry you see the few posts as an annoyance. We try to keep the forum running smoothly and friendly. None of us are paid for what we do and I think the team keeps it running pretty well. Perhaps we should rename that board thread to better convey the message it was to only be used by George. Personally I never saw it as that, since it is called General Information. We try not to move too many things because then we get complaints from people they can't find where their posts went.

I'm not trying to stir the lees too much but more of an observation.
Thank you for spending your extra time on this site. I have no data but I would say 99.9% of all Internet forum moderators are not paid. That is the beauty of the Internet. People just help out one another.

I locked that forum area now as it is really for George to post announcements, this way people will ahve to look down and possibly see the best area to post their thread. Most everlasting went to "General WineMaking and Discussion" where most likely everyone probably thought they were putting it anyway. Most of these posts were over 1 month old anyway. I still have some to move over to there or the appropriate forum.

I am guilty also of just reading the posts and not looking to see if they're posted in the right thread or not. If anyone is researching a particular subject it helps to have everything in the right area.

Hmmmm...Friendly....hmmm....chit chat....I think life is to short to sweat the small stuff....that's just me though.

Pete

PAul
Is that anything like, "Don't sweat the petty sruff and don't pet the sweaty stuff"
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back