Mosti Mondiale New Mosti Cab Looking good!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent2489

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is my New Cab after 2 days in primary. About 2 inches of bubbles after a little stirring (pix was before stirring). Tempted to dive in!!!!

20090926_132630_PICT0004.JPG

This one will join the others in the 'forget about me' wine storage area. Notice the many empty bottles on right side and few remaining full on the left!

20090926_132742_PICT0002.JPG

From right to left
MM AllJuice Cab (8 weeks in secondary)
En Primeur Delu Ranch Woodbridge Cab(10 weeks in secondary) Running out of patience (and wine) and will bottle next w-end!
MM Barolo (6 weeks in secondary)
Selections Sonoma Cab (4 weeks in secondary)
20090926_133544_PICT0003.JPG

The wine looks great. I love the wine rack. I am wanting to build me one, is that PVC pipe set in there to hold the bottles? If so, how did you set them in; glue, nails, ? Thanks for sharing the pictures, John.

Well.....

actually I thought I was going to stack bottles but who knew that bottles have a shoulder??? Width of each opening is about 9.5" and bottles started to fall out!!! So, I have 3" PVC in there that is glued with PVC clement and a liberal dose of RTV (plastic to wood). The last 2 the openings (left side) have 4" PVC. Some bottles won't fit in the 3" and the 4" will even fit 1.5 liters. This was a last gasp desperation attempt before lighting the whole thing on fire and starting over.
smiley36.gif

I once did a wine storage closet with Black PVC and it really looked nice but black is not available at the Lowes or Home Depot down the street. If you can find it it really looks nice!!!

That looks real nice, Brent. I like the fact that all the bottles are available to be pulled out with the PVC housing. You do sacrifice some storage capacity, though. We are planning to move to an 1100 sq ft condo next summer, so storage space is at a severe premium. I only keep the wine bottles without the "shoulders."
smiley32.gif

Latest posts

Back