New Member with a new Hobby

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJWineLover

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been reading your forum and decided to join so I could thank all of you for a great deal of information you havegiven me. You are all very knowledgeable with home wine making. I have visited a handful of forums and the "Fine Vine Wines Forum is the best! I am on my 2nd wine kit from George and enjoying mynew hobby. My wife was not as enthused with home wine making because she did not believe a quality wine could be produced in our basement. Well, that all changed quickly after the first sipfromthe 1st kit, CC Late Harvest Reislingwhich was in its clarifying stage. She quickly compared it to a comercial bottle of Reisling we had upstairs and WALA, it was actually better tasting. Now she is wanting to bottle and taste more before its time, LOL. The 2nd kit, CC Merlot California Reserve with grape pak,is bubbling away inits primary fermenting stage. Again, THANK YOU ALL fora wealth ofwine making information.

Ps. I guess the bug has bitten me, as well, because I will be receiving my 5th carboy and another kit, CC Old Vine Zin ordered and arriving soon from George -LOL

NJ, you are getting bit BAD!!!! And the good thing is your wife got bit also!! hahahaha Awesome with the Riesling kit! Great bunch of folks here and lots of knowledge and fun.
Enjoy your addiction...er.....hobby!!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Welcome to WA, Winemakers Anonymous! You will find many other co-conspirators here.

You have chosen wisely my son!

Yep, youll have a basement full of carboys in no time just like us! Welcome to this great hobby which rewards you later with great wines.

ibglowin said:
Welcome to WA, Winemakers Anonymous! You will find many other co-conspirators here.

You have chosen wisely my son!

I got a problem but I ain't shamed.....

Welcome aboard...... Plenty of good advice but more importantly plenty of good people on board. Glad to have you....

Welcome to the forum, NJ. I don't know if the "NJ" denoted New Jersey, but if it does, I'm sure you will be hearing from some of our most knowledgeable wine makers from New Jersey. I understand they have a very fine winemaking club in that state if you are anywhere near them!

Welcome and enjoy, sounds like you have the bosses seal of approval.

Welcome to our wonderfully addictinghobby. Looks like you are off to a great start and as others have said, having spousal approval is great.

hannabarn said:
Welcome to the forum, NJ. I don't know if the "NJ" denoted New Jersey, but if it does, I'm sure you will be hearing from some of our most knowledgeable wine makers from New Jersey. I understand they have a very fine winemaking club in that state if you are anywhere near them!
Might that be me? LOL Yes Ibelong tothe SJWINEMAKERS.
NJ Where are you from I am near Burlington.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Uavwmn, Mike, Wade & gaudet, I do not feel like a wine addit yet but I am working on it. Pelican, I am waiting on my 3rd wine kit, CC Old Vine Zinwhich Ijust receivedthe delivery date from George and considering the4th kit already.Scott & RickC, as far as the boss's seal of approval, I am going to have to start hiding mycarboys, LOL. Barney, yes, I am a Yankee from NJ but for allthe Rebels, I found and marriedmy soul mate who claims she is still a Southern Belle. Tepe, I am about an hour north of you in Monroe Twp, Central NJ, about 10 minutes from exit 8A of the NJ Turnpike. I have my employees collecting wine bottles and I am starting toaccumulate a few. Geeze, now with all these bottles, maybe I should buy a 3rdfermenting bucket?Hahaha, any excuse to expand
smiley36.gif

NJWineLover said:
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Uavwmn, Mike, Wade & gaudet, I do not feel like a wine addit yet but I am working on it. Pelican, I am waiting on my 3rd wine kit, CC Old Vine Zinwhich Ijust receivedthe delivery date from George and considering the4th kit already.Scott & RickC, as far as the boss's seal of approval, I am going to have to start hiding mycarboys, LOL. Barney, yes, I am a Yankee from NJ but for allthe Rebels, I found and marriedmy soul mate who claims she is still a Southern Belle. Tepe, I am about an hour north of you in Monroe Twp, Central NJ, about 10 minutes from exit 8A of the NJ Turnpike. I have my employees collecting wine bottles and I am starting toaccumulate a few. Geeze, now with all these bottles, maybe I should buy a 3rdfermenting bucket?Hahaha, any excuse to expand
smiley36.gif
If you want to be my guest at one of my wine club meetings let me know.

NJWineLover said:
Geeze, now with all these bottles, maybe I should buy a 3rdfermenting bucket?Hahaha, any excuse to expand
smiley36.gif

A 3rd and perhaps 4th fermenting bucket are necessities. Well that is the excuse I used ............
Welcome to the forum
VC

vcasey said:
NJWineLover said:
Geeze, now with all these bottles, maybe I should buy a 3rdfermenting bucket?Hahaha, any excuse to expand
smiley36.gif

A 3rd and perhaps 4th fermenting bucket are necessities. Well that is the excuse I used ............
Welcome to the forum
VC

Do I hear 4, no maybe 5 ! opps! No, now it's 6 !.......
Well that's how I started I now have well over 30 mostly 6 gal carboys

Tepe I've already doubled my grape order and now I'm working on convincing my husband that at least 1 larger fermenter might be a really good idea
smiley2.gif
. After all it could always double as an extra container for water storage during hurricanes.
VC

vcasey said:
Tepe . After all it could always double as an extra container for water storage during hurricanes.
VC
Ha Ha, Good thinking (err excuse)

NJ winelover, welcome aboard. I also have friends at work who save bottles for me and after having them over for a wine tasting, they always are asking "what's in the carboys now"? I enjoy this hobby a bunch and hope you continue also to enjoy it. Good luck, John.

Thankyou, thank you thank you all. We just got in from a nice evening with friends and what did I do, go down stairs at 12:45am to stir mybubbling Merlot honey pot and then back upstairsand open upmy laptop to view any new wine posts. My wife says I act like I am additcted to this wine stuff, hahahaha
smiley2.gif
I told her according to all of you, she has not seen anything yet. She responded, what, I said, Oh, never mind.
smiley36.gif

Tepe, Thank you for the wine club meeting invite. Please email me your information, [email protected] I maintain a busyweekday office schedule but can arrange in advance.

NJWineLover said:
My wife says I act like I am additcted to this wine stuff, hahahaha
smiley2.gif
I told her according to all of you, she has not seen anything yet. She responded, what, I said, Oh, never mind.
smiley36.gif

Tepe, Thank you for the wine club meeting invite. Please email me your information, [email protected] I maintain a busyweekday office schedule but can arrange in advance.
I love your wifes comment. I have just 2 words for her

JUST WAIT !
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back