New member from Delaware

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Welch

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Jim and I am a new member here. I am a long time beer brewer with modest success at that. I have made a couple batches of wine with a bit of success and have decided to get a bit deper into winemaking. I have noticed, as in many special interest forums, that folks use acronyms to make messages shorter but as a newbie to winemaking I'm not sure what many of them mean. Of course as a brewer I know the universal ones like SG, OG, FG etc.
is there a post here that defines well used acronyms? I'd appreciate any help, thanks

On the beginners forum there is a sticky of common terms. Think you can find most of the acronyms there. Welcome to the forum. Arne.

Thank you folks, just read that thread and it did answer one of the acronyms I was wondering about-EM. Plus the links to the online resources was/will be helpful.

What part of Delaware Jim??? Northern Delaware here.

Very cool! I'm right off Rt 202 in Brandywine Hundred.

Hello again, I’m not sure where to post this but I wanted to share it. I made my a batch Zinfandel from a kit in 2015. I decided to enter a bottle in the 2019 Wine Maker Mag contest to get an honest opinion of it not expecting to medal. I was tickled pink to find out a couple months ago my wine was awarded a Silver medal in the Zinfandel category!

Congrats. Makes you feel good to know all those folks that have been telling you your wine is good have been telling you the truth. Arne

Latest posts

Back