New here and to wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerAlchemist

Reaction score
Greetings all, I'm a long time homebrewer just getting my feet wet in making wine. Bought a CC Red Mountain as my first go since its one of the finest AVA's in my state IMO. I have a wealth of knowledge in making beer so I please bear with me as I will invariably see through a brewers lense as I learn.

Slainte

Welcome to the forum. Wine making can be a nice alternative, or should I say addition.

Have fun!

Welcome, I'm new also but without any brewing experience. Lol I have one batch of Reisling and I brewed a brown sugar beer. The wine turned out good. The beer well it's ok but taste like apple cider?!?! Not sure why.

Welcome, I'm new also but without any brewing experience. Lol I have one batch of Reisling and I brewed a brown sugar beer. The wine turned out good. The beer well it's ok but taste like apple cider?!?! Not sure why.

Well, hopefully the Reisling goes better for you. Cider character in beer can be caused by too much sugar or possibly acetaldehyde (or an infection that results in acetaldehyde production, but that would be pretty rare as infections are much tougher to come by than many would have you believe) which is an intermediary fermentation compound between pyruvate and ethanol...in simpler terms, if you have acetaldehyde the yeast still have work to do to break it down and get rid of the flavor.

Latest posts

Back