New guy from Indiana

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oracus

Reaction score
As the title states Im new here. I got my 1st batch of wine going for about a week now( cranberry juice). A guy I work with has made his own wine for a few years now, then my boss said he would like to start also which lead to us deciding to all make a batch then get together and "taste" the results. So we got 4 of us so far 3 are 1st timers, so it should be fun!

Now there's a party starting. Welcome to the great time of wine making. If you need any help there's a lot of info. on here. Either search or ask.

Ok thanks! I have been browsing the site for afew days now. I really like the site LOTS of great info. The only glitch so far was me misreading the hydrometer and got a slightly higher starting SG 1.105 instead of 1.095. Then read about the loose lid primary so I removed my airlock and did that. So at day 6 Sg is 1.080

Thanks guys and gal :D I have lots of other hobbies but this one looks to not take alot of time but I also see how it could, so I'm willing to try hard at making a good go at it.

Thanks guys and gal :D I have lots of other hobbies but this one looks to not take alot of time but I also see how it could, so I'm willing to try hard at making a good go at it.

your right not a lot of time per-say however patients is an absolute virtue. not to mention that this hobby can easily take over your entire house if your not careful. one day your just getting started and then the next your crawling over carboys in the hall way just to make it to the bathroom in the middle of the night! The funny thing is, it's all worth it!

Welcome! Lots of good people here to answer your questions.

Latest posts

Back