Quantcast

New arrival in Arizona

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Reaction score
Hello fellow wine makers
I have recently moved from Michigan, to Az.
and would like to continue in my wine making ( Reds )
when I was in Michigan I usually made about 42 gallons of Merlot and a cab blend 50% each.
Now that i'm here in Az. i'm tinkering with the thought of building a wine storage area and temp controlled room in my garage, Large enough to use as my base and storage. I have sold all my equipment and thinking of reinvesting all over again.

But first I need to find where Arizona wine makers are getting their fresh wine grapes ? What's available, time of month, price for 36 lb Lug
and if they have to be ordered first. I can make the trip to Cal. pick up my own if needed be. Or even to a vineyard in Az as well. as long as the sugar is right.
I live in Surprise Az.Bell and the 303 freeway.
Thanks Michiganwinemakerbob

AZMDTed

Just a guy
Reaction score
Sonoita, AZ is a very fine vineyard and wine area. It is about 50 miles southeast of Tucson. I don't know if any of the vineyards sell lugs, but you could ask. The wine I've tasted from there is very good.

Blazedup

Junior
Reaction score
I'm in the Phoenix area as well. We have a few sources locally that bring in California grapes. I have been getting my grapes from a vineyard and winery near Sonoita, our only designated AVA. PM me for more details if you're interested. Welcome to the forum and AZ.

desertrat

Junior
Reaction score
I get my grapes from Peddlers and Sons. They deliver good quality grapes from Cali along with juice buckets. Price varies by variety but typically run around $38 per lug. Order required about 2 weeks before delivery which is mid September.

Johny99

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I don't know how you stand the weather down there, but a friend brought me a few bottles from Sonoita, surprisingly good.

dralarms

Overboard as usual
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to WMT.

Latest posts