New arrival in Arizona

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello fellow wine makers
I have recently moved from Michigan, to Az.
and would like to continue in my wine making ( Reds )
when I was in Michigan I usually made about 42 gallons of Merlot and a cab blend 50% each.
Now that i'm here in Az. i'm tinkering with the thought of building a wine storage area and temp controlled room in my garage, Large enough to use as my base and storage. I have sold all my equipment and thinking of reinvesting all over again.

But first I need to find where Arizona wine makers are getting their fresh wine grapes ? What's available, time of month, price for 36 lb Lug
and if they have to be ordered first. I can make the trip to Cal. pick up my own if needed be. Or even to a vineyard in Az as well. as long as the sugar is right.
I live in Surprise Az.Bell and the 303 freeway.
Thanks Michiganwinemakerbob

Sonoita, AZ is a very fine vineyard and wine area. It is about 50 miles southeast of Tucson. I don't know if any of the vineyards sell lugs, but you could ask. The wine I've tasted from there is very good.

I'm in the Phoenix area as well. We have a few sources locally that bring in California grapes. I have been getting my grapes from a vineyard and winery near Sonoita, our only designated AVA. PM me for more details if you're interested. Welcome to the forum and AZ.

I get my grapes from Peddlers and Sons. They deliver good quality grapes from Cali along with juice buckets. Price varies by variety but typically run around $38 per lug. Order required about 2 weeks before delivery which is mid September.

Welcome to the forum. I don't know how you stand the weather down there, but a friend brought me a few bottles from Sonoita, surprisingly good.

Latest posts

Back