Need to mess with this one

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdcurl

Reaction score
we just got home from our biennial trip to the Costco traveling wine show. Along with several nice all juice kits, we purchased a "RASPBERRY mERLOT" 6 liter fruit wine kit. When we got home and read the instructions for this kit, it appears to me that we are going to get a very sweet wine with a 6%ABV. No one here will drink that as we like mostly dry reds.
smiley19.gif

this kit comes witha 6liter concentrate juice bag and a 3or4 liter bag of raspberry concentrate. It says to ferment the merlot juice in 21 l. of water(SG-1.045) add the rasp juice at degassing stage,after secondary ferment
smiley3.gif

I would like to end up with a 10%ABV slightly sweet fruity wine.
Any suggestions as to how i could tweek this kit?

P.S. I do have some rasp-rubarb juice that I could use to bring up the S.G. in primary. Or add some red grape juice concentrate to primary

Any suggestions will be apreciated!!

Thanks
Keith

We call that a "patio Wine" that is low in alcoholaround 10%. This however will not make this a dry wine. Some here will add 4 pounds of sugar to get 10+% ABV. It will still be a little sweet but great flavor. If you dont think you will like it then make it according to the directions and give it away.

Latest posts

Back