Need to Look Into Replacing Mini-Jet Filter - Maybe the All-in-One from Steve ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryF

Reaction score
Have been experiencing some problems of late with my buon vino mini-jet filter that I find quite upsetting given the unit is only about 6 months old and had only 6 or 7 small batches run through it. I was on the edge originally about this unit or the all-in-one vac system so now I need to look into it even harder. Where is Steve's site and will it have enough information to enable me to order one direct from him? I'm concerned about the filtering though. Doesn't sound like he carries the filter setup and I am reluctant to chase all over hell to find something because I'd probably screw it up and buy the wrong stuff.

:a1 :dgJerry

Do it. You will never look back.

Everything I've ever read, from anyone on here, says the same thing. I just need to better understand about how to source out the setup for filtering.

Jerry

Everything I've ever read, from anyone on here, says the same thing. I just need to better understand about how to source out the setup for filtering.

Jerry

Steve has other threads explaining how to order and create an inline filter system that works in conjunction with his pumping system.

Send him an email with your contact information and he'll call you direct. He will keep calling you until he makes contact. You can not beat his customer service, or his product.

I have the Buon filtering system also. When it goes, I go with Steve's inline system.

Its easy to setup the filtering. Steve can give you a PDF with pictures and directions on how to set it up with part numbers. And his customer service is off the hook.

Steve has other threads explaining how to order and create an inline filter system that works in conjunction with his pumping system.

Send him an email with your contact information and he'll call you direct. He will keep calling you until he makes contact. You can not beat his customer service, or his product.

I have the Buon filtering system also. When it goes, I go with Steve's inline system.

This might help:
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f3/review-whole-house-wine-filtering-36589/

That link helped somewhat. Before I contact Steve then, what is everybody's experience with the filters in this setup? What I mean I guess, a good, general, all around 5 micron and use for both reds and the occasional white? How long do the filters last? For instance, use it for 1 batch (i.e. a 5 or 6 gallon small batch) and then toss it? I don't see how they would be useable for more than 1 filtering session (unless the paper filter is washable?). I would assume that one would have to have a supply on hand equal to their expected frequency of filtering. Jerry

That link helped somewhat. Before I contact Steve then, what is everybody's experience with the filters in this setup? What I mean I guess, a good, general, all around 5 micron and use for both reds and the occasional white? How long do the filters last? For instance, use it for 1 batch (i.e. a 5 or 6 gallon small batch) and then toss it? I don't see how they would be useable for more than 1 filtering session (unless the paper filter is washable?). I would assume that one would have to have a supply on hand equal to their expected frequency of filtering. Jerry

You need to read the rest of the threads below the link I sent you. You basically have choices. Steve will tell you to use the same filter for several carboys at the same time for the same color and then discard it. Use a different one for whites and a different one for reds. Others try to store them in sanitizer and use them several times. The real experts will caution you not to do this because of the nasty's that may reside in stored filters even if they are stored in sanitizer.

Keep reading, you'll enjoy it and learn more.

the filters are pretty cheap. Steve believes
in customer service, he will help you any way he can....

2 words : HELL YEAH!

OK a few more now: You will not regret it, the All in One is a major part of my wine and beer making, you will not find customer service like this anywhere, trust me, I'm a business owner and I am surprised how Steve makes himself available to every customer.

Update

2 words : HELL YEAH!

OK a few more now: You will not regret it, the All in One is a major part of my wine and beer making, you will not find customer service like this anywhere, trust me, I'm a business owner and I am surprised how Steve makes himself available to every customer.

I have got to let everyone know. The testimonials about Steve, his customer service, advice, equipment, etc. are smack right on! I sent Steve a message and within 1 hour he called me on the phone. Aside from a few website issues, we were able to discuss all the things I was trying to find out about and I am totally clear now on how I need to proceed. I will be ordering within the next week. I know I'm far from the first to ever comment about this but this is my 2-cents worth (1.90 cents U.S. if you take into account the currency exchange for the Canadian dollar). Jerry

I have got to let everyone know. The testimonials about Steve, his customer service, advice, equipment, etc. are smack right on! I sent Steve a message and within 1 hour he called me on the phone. Aside from a few website issues, we were able to discuss all the things I was trying to find out about and I am totally clear now on how I need to proceed. I will be ordering within the next week. I know I'm far from the first to ever comment about this but this is my 2-cents worth (1.90 cents U.S. if you take into account the currency exchange for the Canadian dollar). Jerry

Ok Jerry, glad to hear you're in good hands. I have the pump and not the in-line filter. So, please keep us informed on how you proceed and add pictures if you can. It will help several of us as to what you have learned and how it improved your wine making abilities.

Back