Quantcast

Need recipe for elderberry, strawberry, blueberry

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Allison Gray

Junior
Reaction score
Any simple recipes not needing too much fruit for an elderberry, strawberry, blueberry mix. And opinions on how it turned out?

FTC Wines

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Allison, We do a Elderberry/ Blueberry blend all the time. It’s one of our favorites. 50/50 or 60/40 either way works great. When we lived in N. Ga we used real fruit, now in SW Fl we buy concentrates of each. Not sure we would like strawberries in the mix. Real fruit # were 5-6 lbs per gal if my memory is good. Roy

Johnd

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Any simple recipes not needing too much fruit for an elderberry, strawberry, blueberry mix. And opinions on how it turned out?
In case you've never seen or tried it, here's a pretty simple recipe for Dragon Blood wine from frozen blueberry / blackberry / raspberry frozen fruit mix which is readily available and quite tasty......

https://www.winemakingtalk.com/threads/dangerdaves-dragon-blood-wine.41825/

The first page of the thread contains the recipe.....

Allison Gray

Junior
Reaction score

Johnd

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
How does a blueberry, blackberry, and raspberry wine taste?
It's fruity and quite tasty. Read through the thread, there are lots of options and variations available, people make lots of it over and over................

Glenn Marr

Junior
Reaction score
I have made dragon's blood wine with great results. The recipe is simple and adaptable to other fruits. I have had excellent results with just cherries or blueberries.

beano

Regular Guy
Reaction score
Allison, the Dragons Blood Recipe is a great starting point for new winemakers. Especially if you want a quick drinker. I adapted this recipe many different ways to make many different types of wines. Obviously, the more fruit per gallon, the better the taste but this also requires more aging time to get the most out of it. I think your strawberry taste will be lost to the blueberries and elderberries but still a great mix. Good luck with your project, keep us updated as to where it goes.

Latest posts