Need recipe for elderberry, strawberry, blueberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allison Gray

Junior
Reaction score
Any simple recipes not needing too much fruit for an elderberry, strawberry, blueberry mix. And opinions on how it turned out?

Allison, We do a Elderberry/ Blueberry blend all the time. It’s one of our favorites. 50/50 or 60/40 either way works great. When we lived in N. Ga we used real fruit, now in SW Fl we buy concentrates of each. Not sure we would like strawberries in the mix. Real fruit # were 5-6 lbs per gal if my memory is good. Roy

Any simple recipes not needing too much fruit for an elderberry, strawberry, blueberry mix. And opinions on how it turned out?

In case you've never seen or tried it, here's a pretty simple recipe for Dragon Blood wine from frozen blueberry / blackberry / raspberry frozen fruit mix which is readily available and quite tasty......

https://www.winemakingtalk.com/threads/dangerdaves-dragon-blood-wine.41825/

The first page of the thread contains the recipe.....

I have made dragon's blood wine with great results. The recipe is simple and adaptable to other fruits. I have had excellent results with just cherries or blueberries.

Allison, the Dragons Blood Recipe is a great starting point for new winemakers. Especially if you want a quick drinker. I adapted this recipe many different ways to make many different types of wines. Obviously, the more fruit per gallon, the better the taste but this also requires more aging time to get the most out of it. I think your strawberry taste will be lost to the blueberries and elderberries but still a great mix. Good luck with your project, keep us updated as to where it goes.

Latest posts

Back