Need ideas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

Ernest T Bass

Reaction score
I am starting a 3 gallon batch of scratch wine. Chicken Scratch (milo, wheat and cracked corn). Read Jack Kellers recipe and no new ideas there, except to add rasins. Started tonite, 1 gallon of scratch, threw out anything that floated. added 3 liters of water and a little less than 1/4 tsp of k-meta. Thinking about boiling the scratch for 15 minutes, according to what I read of Jack Keller's site. Then let it cool and add k-meta again and let this set of 24 hours before adding the pectin enzyme and other stuff. Any ideas or comments. Thanks
Semper Fi

jamesjr

Reaction score
Personally you've lost me but I am very intrigued. Keep us posted on the process and especially the taste. Good luck!

Ernest T Bass

Reaction score
Transferred to secondary today (1.012). Used a pound of chopped rasins and added some chared oak (I chared it). It smelled pretty bad so I added about a TBS of cinniman to kill the smell, didn't smell as bad as the horse radish I made a couple of years ago, haven't got my nerve up enuf to taste it yet. Looks like milk and smells pretty good now.
Semper Fi

Latest posts