Need ideas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernest T Bass

Reaction score
I am starting a 3 gallon batch of scratch wine. Chicken Scratch (milo, wheat and cracked corn). Read Jack Kellers recipe and no new ideas there, except to add rasins. Started tonite, 1 gallon of scratch, threw out anything that floated. added 3 liters of water and a little less than 1/4 tsp of k-meta. Thinking about boiling the scratch for 15 minutes, according to what I read of Jack Keller's site. Then let it cool and add k-meta again and let this set of 24 hours before adding the pectin enzyme and other stuff. Any ideas or comments. Thanks
Semper Fi

Personally you've lost me but I am very intrigued. Keep us posted on the process and especially the taste. Good luck!

Transferred to secondary today (1.012). Used a pound of chopped rasins and added some chared oak (I chared it). It smelled pretty bad so I added about a TBS of cinniman to kill the smell, didn't smell as bad as the horse radish I made a couple of years ago, haven't got my nerve up enuf to taste it yet. Looks like milk and smells pretty good now.
Semper Fi

Latest posts

Back