Nasty Wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smiley36.gif
JW, YOU ARE LIVING DANGEROUSLY!!!!!!!

smiley20.gif
I just opened a bottle of Poor Bert's chokecherry wine. It is very good and a far cry from mine which was made from basically the same recipe. Of course his wine is a little over 2 years old. I think the big difference is that he used a steam extractor and I used a collander so I probably got some taste from the pits. What is the best source for a steam juicer. There are some on ebay but there is a big price range, Is higher priced better?

Get a stainless, no matter what... You will pay between $120 and $200. The only real difference in my opinion is size. The will all do the same job.

Hannabarn...Mine is a Norpro made with 18/ 10 gauge stainless steel...has a 11qt. steamer insert , 4 qt. juice container and a 8.5 qt. water pot and glass lid.....Got it at a store in Grand Forks, ND... One like a fleet farm store....I think it was about $120...Last summer they were on sale for $90...[ I never seem to be in the right place at the right time..lol]...Good Luck in your search...

I would suggest Fleet Farm. Or, someplace like that. But whatever you do, don't get anything but a good, stainless steel. This is NOT the place to be cheap. Floor corkers, auto syphons and steamers. Don't be cheap!

I opened a bottle of my chokecherry wine. It is 6 months in the bottle and what a difference a little time makes! I really enjoyed it. The really strong chokecherry taste is gone. I made a batch of orange, pineapple apple to mix with the choke cherry but now will scrap that plan!!

Latest posts

Back