My winegarden

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade you can use lawn products, butsome contain 2-4D herbicide and it will kill or stunt grapes. The currants should be OK though- I don't think it bothers them. I thought it kept raining there this spring?

......why would you want some weak control Wade?

We have finally had some decent rain and weather here for the past few weeks and the bushes have really come along. I think Ill have a decent crop this year considering its the first year after a harsh move. Here are some pics of the berries that are growing on most of the plants with the exception of a couple bushes that are just too young but even they are trying to produce. And then a pic of my wifes bush that really is doing great this year.
B.jpg

Berries.jpg

Bushes.jpg

Picture005.jpg

You will really see a difference when you pick the two kinds Wade. The Titania are almost the size of marbles and the Prince Consort are more like wild blueberries.

Very nice <STRIKE>bush</STRIKE> shrub your wife has. That just sounded wrong..........
smiley5.gif
smiley3.gif
smiley9.gif

After also posting that on my forum I rephrased it! :) There are many bushes there that arent labeled as you remember so now at least with the ones producing this year ill be able to label them better as after loading the truck I kind of forgot which were which to a point but believe I spread them out nicely just to make sure they pollinated each other cause if I recall 1 is self pollinating and one needs the other correct?

appleman said:
You will really see a difference when you pick the two kinds Wade. The Titania are almost the size of marbles and the Prince Consort are more like wild blueberries.

Very nice <STRIKE>bush</STRIKE> shrub your wife has. That just sounded wrong..........
smiley5.gif
smiley3.gif
smiley9.gif

BWAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

The currants are doing great! They are at 12 brix right now as I just
checked 2 with my new refractometer I bought a few months back.
20100614_203931_Picture_003.jpg

20100614_203728_DSCN0815.JPG

You!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You been there and beyond and cant find your way back!
smiley36.gif

WOW..THATS AFTER ONLY ONE SEASON IN THE GROUND BEFORE THIS ONE..IMPRESSIVE...

I've been wondering how they would grow down south. Might just have to get a bush or two....... Can I say bush???

Wade just has a high fertilizer count! I am sure he's out there talking to them evey night also. You don't wanna know the stories he's telling them.

Hey Dan, are you saying he is full of "organic fertilizer"?

Al, those weretwo or three years old before Wade got them-I forget right now. Some of them were almost 4 feet high when we dug them- the Titania variety. The others were about 2.5-3 feet high.

Yes, Gaudet, you can say bush as long as you don't use it in a sentence like Wade did.
smiley3.gif

Plants are looking great wade. Your wife's b...er uh shrub is looking mighty fine too

I think Im going to have to pick very shortly, the fruit is starting to all fall off now! Ill have to check the brix later but if the bush i even lightly bumped the currants fall right off and even by them selves. I think its time to cook some burgs to make room for the berries!
smiley4.gif

There are a few that are still red but most are as black as midnight and they are tasty now, my daughter is already starting to pick them!
smiley26.gif

Latest posts

Back