My turn

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gaudet said:
I'm hoping Northern Winos sees this as she is the queen of the steam juicer and I'm sure somewhere in her repertoire she has a recipe or can point me in the right direction.

Don't feel bad Rich, of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most too.......
You sure NW is a she? LOL. Wouldn't it be funny if she was a he and called NW a queen of the steam?
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

She is She! Obviously you havent been following to many of her posts. Wait till she gets out in her yard again!

She is all woman........... I may have had doubts about others, but NW is a woman..... Jim is her husband check out their posts of ice fishing.......

wade said:
She is She! Obviously you havent been following to many of her posts. Wait till she gets out in her yard again!

LOL I knew that. But, some of our members may not.Justa little humor to lighten it up.
smiley1.gif

OK here is the official recipe

9 quarts Strawberry juice
fill to 5 gallon mark with water
initial gravity 1.030
TA =0.5 (added 2 tbs acid blend)
2 tbs powdered wine tannin
2 Tbs Yeast Nutrient
1 Tbs Yeast Energizer
1 gallon boiling water with 5#’s sugar dissolved
SG was 1.054
Added sugar until SG of 1.080 was reached. Approximately 8 cups
About 8 1/2 #'s of sugar total
7 tablets campden crushed and stirred into the must.....

Yeast Starter made with Montrachet, 8 oz H20, 1TBS Sugar, 1 tsp yeast nutrient

I will be adding it today before pitching the yeast starter. Didn't forget that one Waldo.

Ok Waldo,

I just added 3 tsp of pectic enzyme and took another sg.

The SG will officially be 1.084 for a potential 11.5% ABV

Got the yeast starter going last night and it looks like its doing well enough on its own. Just need to pour it in tonight when I get back from the Tab Benoit concert at the Rock n Bowl.

wade said:
Why 7 campden tablets? Usual is 1 per gallon! 

I had a little over 6 gallons, I figured one more tab wouldn't hurt. I think I have right at 6.5 gallons of must. The 1 gallon of water with the sugar dissolved made it go up a little higher in the primary than I expected.

Note to self use 1/2 gallon water to dissolve the sugar next time
smiley4.gif

wade said:
Oh, OK. You stated earlier fill to 5 gallon mark!
smiley4.gif
Good Pick-Up Wade!
Geez.. I need some of what he's been drinking!
smiley2.gif

And I want what both you guys are drinkin, no really I do
smiley36.gif

9 quarts Strawberry juice</span>
fill to 5 gallon mark with water</span>
initial gravity 1.030</span>
TA =0.5 (added 2 tbs acid blend)</span>
2 tbs powdered wine tannin</span>
2 Tbs Yeast Nutrient</span>
1 Tbs Yeast Energizer</span>
1 gallon boiling water with 5#’s sugar dissolved

</font>I forgot to take into consideration the sugar would displace the water..... </span></font>
</font></span>

Well I been "busy" lets see oh yea been in the wine cellar. remember I have a hard time making up my mind what wine to drink. Sooo many to choose from. I need a better system to track where I put it in da "cellar" U seen da pix..

You werent looking for a wine to drink, you were trying to find your way out of there. Maybe you should leave a bread crumb trail next time or some arrows and a rope like in caves!
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back