my peach hooch

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RalphEd

Junior
Reaction score
well I got it into a carboy about 10 days ago. It's starting to settle, but hazy, as expected after typing to the more knowledgeable.

There a good layer of sediment, so I am thinnking of racking it off right before I leave for work in September, then let it rest until I get home in December (I'll have someone checking on it) or early next year.

The haze doesn't put me off, since it's my first batch.

If I did it right, here's a photo

IMG_1014.jpg

Actually looks like it is clearing pretty good for only sitting 10 days. If you get a good layer of lees, rack it off them and maybe again before you leave. If somebody checks on the airlock a couple of times you should be alright. At least you won't be messin with it that way. Hope your friend isn't too big into tastin. Mite come home to a carboy that has had some evaporation. LOL, Arne.

peach hooch

Yes.

I posted it on 6/25 under "My first wine experience".

When I racked I backsweetened with 4 cans whitegrape/peach concentrate from welchs per the advice I was given and added more pectic enzyme (per the advice, also).

RalphEd

It's got a pretty heavy layer under it right now. I'll rack it off in the next week.

Thanks,
RalphEd

Back