My other obsession

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had a KZ1000 awhile back - shaft drive - loved it until I looked down and the road was speeding by - said hummmmmm! - sold it and went back to dirt bikes - now a honda 420 quad 4x4 - like the number of wheels!!!

rrawhide
smiley17.gif

rrawhide said:
had a KZ1000 awhile back - shaft drive - loved it until I looked down and the road was speeding by - said hummmmmm! - sold it and went back to dirt bikes - now a honda 420 quad 4x4 - like the number of wheels!!!

rrawhide
smiley17.gif

I have a CR 250. When I go out on the trail for a day I wreck at least 2 or 3 times.(not having fun unlessI am pushing the limit) I have never been hurt bad enough that I could not shake it off. I feel very safe. Having said that you will not get me on a 4 wheeler. I can never get my feet out of the pocket when I go over the bars. I just about broke my legs tring to get off the thing while wrecking. I weigh the same as the bike and can through the bike in the direction that I do not want to go in mid flight sending me in the other direction.
smiley36.gif
The other problem is that on a 4 wheeler you have to let off to turn. I will stick to the two wheelers.

I use to have a Yamaha Blaster and a Suz quadsport 230 also and believe me you do not let off to turn, you nail it! I have a few of those pics too!

I had the fastest quad made in 89' There are still parts of it in the woods from when I hit the tree in 92' . I could notturn beacuse the front wheels were never on the ground. On a bike I am ok with that.

No Wade, I can not remember the name of it but it was made by Kawasaki for I think 3 years ? ?? 87 ---89???? It was a???? cabota ????? Calah ????something??? Itwas spawn from a snowmobile racing deal of the time. Kawasaki discontinued the thing after three years.

Tecate! I rode 1 but must say that the Suzuki was faster IMO by far! You could barely hang on to this thing, only downfall was its width, it was the size of a Hyundai!!!!!!!!

Hey Wade, I have been looking for an hour for that quad. This is the best that I can tell you. It was a kawasaki it was yellow not green it was a limited model. it had a snowmobile race engine that might not have been kawasaki.(Arctic Cat)The engine was 2 cycle2 cylinder 530cc?The man that I bought it from said that I would never see another one. It made the banshee look likea sissy quad. When I bought it it was about 6 years old. I had it for less than a month before I hit a tree at about 60 MPH . Both front wheels and the engine broke free of the frame. It hyper extended my knees when I went over the bars. I walked about a mile out of the woods and never looked back. A friend picked up and kept the pieces.

Okay. never heard anything about that 1 Rck! Tried googgling it with no luck either

Pretty cool but hard on the arms for the long ride. I like to lay back and relax so I decided on a 05 Harley Duece. Gettin too old for speed and all that stuff. But anyone who rides is OK in my book. It'l be warm enough here in the midwest for a ride soon, I hope? Going to take some road trips this year, again, I hope, soon as I get somemore wine made and a couple racks built to hold it all.

Latest posts

Back