My Newest Labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If all goes right tomorrow will be a big bottling day with about 27 gallons to bottle. Only 8 gallons will go in 750's and the rest will be in 350ml bottles. My least favorate label is for the Pacific White but its a photo taken by my nephew. The cherry labels will also be printed on 2x4 labels for 375 bottles.

OrangeChocolatePort01.jpg
PacificaWhite.jpg

Vignolesicewine.jpg
VignolesIcewinewithchocolate.jpg

CherryChocolateWithAlmonds3x4.jpg
CherryChocolate3x4.jpg

Dan, I don't see anything wrong with any of them. They're all great. Nice job. Good luck tomorrow. I hope you have a lot of help.

How are the labels produced? Are they purchased from a printer or done on your own printer? If you design them, what software do you use? I think they look great.
I have been trying to produce a label using Microsoft Publisher. My real issue is that I have an HP Officejet printer and I am concerned that the ink will run if it gets wet. I have read where one can spray a polymer coating over the labels and I have experimented with this. The experiments have not been entirely successful.

Looks really nice there Dan, you just started up my sweet tooth
smiley20.gif

Rocky, I use all Avery Labels and their software. I have a newer HP office printer (inkjet) that takes a more expensive ink cartridge that has more pigment in it. It has worked very well for me. They talked me out of a laser for this one due to ink cost per page. I also use to also spry my labels with good success.

is there a reason i m having problems viewing the labels.????????????/
smiley1.gif

When I started several years ago I tried different methods of printing labels. I have been most satisified with what I call "The Modified Tepe method."
I create the lables on a Avery template using Microsoft Picture It. When I print, I do a print to file, & save the file on a USB drive. I then take the USB drive and my Avery label stock into Kinkos and have them print on thier laser printer.
I have most impressed with the quality and brightness of the colors. Since I tend to make overly "busy" lablels that would use a lot of ink, I figure the cost is less than my ink cartridge cost.
For 175's, ( I usually do 6-8), I redo the labels on a Avery template that has 10 labels per sheet, (for perfect sizing), and print in my Ink Jet.

Rocky said:
My printer is the HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless and it uses those larger ink cartridges. Is that what you have?

Yes that is exactly what I have and i think it does a great job without spraying the labels.

NOW I CAN SEE THEM,,THANK YOU ,THIS IS MY NEED TO DO LIST THIS YEAR.NICE JOB WOLFMAN........
smiley9.gif

joeswine said:
NOW I CAN SEE THEM,,THANK YOU ,THIS IS MY NEED TO DO LIST THIS YEAR.NICE JOB WOLFMAN........
smiley9.gif

Thanks Joe, I edited them last nite after posting them and deleted the original on photobucket and so it was lost. I forgot to repost the updated ones.

that's a far piece from me........
smiley17.gif
but my be some day we could plan a get together with those from pa and a few from nj...just a thought on common ground.............

Joeswine asked me to post his Amarone wine label for him. We swapped bottles and I was really taken by the sleek look. I know there is a thread somewhere to post labels but couldn't find it. One of you smart people feel free to move this post for Joe.

20110513_113224_amarone_joeswin.jpg

Latest posts

Back