My new primary

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlietuna

Reaction score
Looking forward to starting a 25 gallon batch of sp. I'll transfer into 5 & 6 gallon carboys.

image-1207180932.jpg

so i gotta ask what were the looks like as you hit the counter? bahaha

They didn't ask. Although I thought if I happen to run into Danger Dave at that Sam's Club, he'd know exactly what was going on by looking at my cart. Haha.

image-3028813616.jpg

The new trash can is NSF std. 2 plastic, which is food contact acceptable. Plus, its only going to be in there 4-7 days before transfer.

I buy the Rubbermaid Brutes, which are also at Sam's (I get mine from Lowes thought). They are food grade and are 32 gallons. You can also get 20 gallon white ones like ibglowin uses.

I buy the Rubbermaid Brutes, which are also at Sam's (I get mine from Lowes thought). They are food grade and are 32 gallons. You can also get 20 gallon white ones like ibglowin uses.
I also get the same ones from Home Depot. I've got all three sizes. I do use them as trash cans in the cellar but they always have trash bags in them. It's actually rare that I really need something that big as a primary.

I know I'm pushing my limits on capacity & foaming. Even being careful, I've volcano'ed more than 1 batch.

Charlietune, now that is just too funny, We bought the same 25 lb bag of sugar and had a few of those Real Lemon bottles as well...yesterday...lol
Ya know it's bad when you go to your local warehouse store to buy wine supplies..lol

Charlietuna, It appears that you are fermenting plain skeeter pee. Will you add other flavors afterwards?

Yes, my standard batch is throwing all the sugar, water & lemon juice in the bucket & stirring. I don't add yeast for 36-48 hrs & stir a couple times before. I'll ferment dry, sorbate & meta, then add 1 can of frozen concentrate per gallon. My 3 favorites are apple cherry, blueberry pomegranate & Concord grape. Sparkoloid, rack in a week & bottle in about another week. It's been a continuous production for about a year now. Batch after batch.

Latest posts

Back