My MO vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is what I have going: Fronteanc and St. Vincent on the poles. Chardonell and Tramenett in the tubes. Spent half of Sunday spraying round up between the plants. Next week work on cutting more cedar trees for posts and then sometime brush hogging....
The last one is of the Frontenac budding out.

farm equipment 010.jpg

farm equipment 011.jpg

farm equipment 012.jpg

farm equipment 013.jpg

farm equipment.jpg

Last edited:
Here is what the neighbor across the road did... just had to out do me LOL
Thats about 1000 Crimson Cabernet and Cabernet Dori. A new hybred of Norton and Cabernet that gave off both red and white. He is putting in another 1000 this spring.

farm equipment 014.jpg

farm equipment 015.jpg

Thanks all. Yup lots of work, in order...
Cut and set fence posts. looking at about 30 to 35 of them.
String wire and set T bars between plants.
Brush hog, brush hog, brush hog...:slp

The Frontenac and St. Vincent are in their third year, but the heat and drought last year kinda set them back. Some plants are vigerious, other are like I just planted them.Will try to take some grapes off the more vigerious ones, the rest I will strip the blooms off again.
Planted the Chardonell and Tramenette last year, lost about a third of them, but the supplier ( http://www.stfrancoisvineyard.com/) is replacing them.:br

Also just planted 6 thornless blackberrys last week, and last year a galia apple tree...
Getting ready to plant a small garden there too, can't get anything to grow around the house, too many oak trees.:rdo

When do the Japaneese beatles get here?::

Edit: oh the neighbor, has 4 kids, a ZTR mower, 2 large tractors and the vine supplier is doing most of the work vineyard work, ie planting, setting posts, trimming etc.

Last edited:
Not sure what I am going to put in next. Just keeping up with what I have now..LOL
My fear(?) is when I start picking where to go with all those grapes. Have stockpiled up about 6 carboys ( and I know where to get more) and have a 20 gal fermenter on hand.

Where on Earth might you ever get any wine making supplies??????? LOL

Back